I broke up with my boyfriend of 8 months, age 30, 2kids

But six months have passed and I still think about him, long him, and miss him every single day. Does that mean I still love him. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• You may always love him. That's okay. But sometimes even if you love someone, living with him isn't what's best for you, him, or both of you. That was the way it was for my ex husband and me. I learned to get on with my life. I have a happy family now. But some days I still miss him, and I'll always love him. That's just the way it is. Hang in there. Take it easy on yourself. Time does help.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• maybe him
    or
    you might be in love with the idea of love, and you are projecting this need onto memory of last man in your life
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Not necessarily..it might mean you are lonely, and long for that companionship...not to be confused with love.....

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Possibly, but I think it's more likely you are lonely. Think about the reasons you broke up with him.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I second Ballad.
    I will always hold a special love in my heart for my first love 20 yrs. ago...
    But, my husband is my LOVE and my mate for life now.
    It's okay to have love for someone. It means you are capable of loving again... That's the exciting part.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 5:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Maybe you are just lonely for adult companionship. Only you can say what your true feelings are for him still.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• It doesn't mean you still love him. You just have not moved on yet. There is a difference. Keep being good to yourself and remember why you broke up because those issues have not changed, I'm guessing.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Just lonely that's all. Why did you break up with him?

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• A lot of people get lonely & sentimental around the holidays. Plus it's not a clean break since you still have to have contact w/ him b/c of your children. I hope he is paying his child support regularly & being a good daddy.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Thank you so mu ch for helping undrstand how it works! He was in no wau good for me yet still love..not IN love. Now I know I can move on without feeling guilty or not ready. More time is needed but will always love him yes and just knowing Im allowed to do that helps. t
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2013