• In the Spotlight:

Want to book more parties! Help!

I am in direct sales and have been trying to book more home parties. Here is the thing. When you ask someone on tips of getting more bookings they tell you to book off of your parties and to get family and friends to book or to have your own. Here is my thing. I live in a trailer that is small and have no room to do a party of my own. I don't live near family and friends to book parties. And about booking off of parties? If was had parties booked I would not need tips on how to book parties. Does anyone have any tips on how to get bookings starting from scratch. I have set goals for being a work from home mom by January 2015 and director in the company I am with by January 2017. Any tips will be appreciated. I have a FB fan page, blog, and have done a few live online parties but that is it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2013 in Money & Work

• You may have tried for something you just can not do. You must have parties to introduce yourself into the community. Do you not have a friend who would cohost with you so that you can invite friends to her home and as well as her own? I do not know the rules at your library but ours will not allow refreshment or sales. They may let you set up a display and hand out cards in one of their rooms but you might have to check on that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Go to Catering Halls near you, give them a bunch of your business cards. Tell them if someone is interested in booking a party there to give them your card to do the party planning & you will give the catering hall a cut (percentage) of what you make. Win, win situation.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Book a table at local fairs where you can show what you're selling, give out catalogues and introduce yourself. Give a prize to people who book parties with you at the fairs.

Approach local pta's and sports teams, girl scouts, clubs, etc., about doing a fund raising party. They can make extra money for their group and you have an opportunity to introduce your business and book parties.

Leave catalogues or fliers on people's doors introducing your business and offering booking gifts.

You will definitely need to be more creative about booking in your situation.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Would you mind saying what you are selling?
    Not the company but Toys (children or adult), cosmetics, bags etc.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Handbags and organizational items is what I sell.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Our mall has a once a month thing where they allow individual sellers to set up a booth/table in the mall and sell from there. You might see if yours has something like that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• You have to get yourself and your product in places people will find you. Any professional women's groups in your area? They'd be a good target for what you're selling.

Good luck!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• They save the average person knows 100+ people. I would have your own re-launch and if that does not work start going to expos; even if they are an hour or two away because sometimes party sales can be worth the gas! Online parties or facebook parties are what many people in direct sales are doing these days; too!:) Have people advertise for you! Word of mouth works fantastic anyhow. I think expos or perhaps online advertising or see if you can do newspapers perhaps or start blogging about your business.
    SouthernGirl374

Answer by SouthernGirl374 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2014