Tobacco?

How many Cafemom's smoke? Who quit? How?

alexandersmom03

Asked by alexandersmom03 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• whats next Nicotine?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Actually...I tried cold turkey...did not work...tried Chantix *the new stop smoking pill* and it did help a lot but it gave me such a nightmare about my son that right after I woke up I quit the pill!!!!

****Funny story*****Chantix causes nightmares and weird dreams...I actually dreamnt that I had an aersol can (like CoolWhip) that sprayed out 1st a bun, then a hotdog, then ketchup, and last mustard!!!!**** Weird huh?
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I'm going to try to quit soon. I quit cold turkey when I was pregnant but started up again about 2 months after my son was born. I have a cousin who is 20 years old, never smoked a cigarette a day in her life and was just diagnosed with lung cancer so I feel kinda guilty every time I light one up. Plus I HATE smelling like smoke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• lmao!!! give me the rest of your chantix..I need it..I can survive the dreams..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• buahahahah i wont some of those pills!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I quit when I was pregnant both times, but started back after a few months each time its horrible I know but really IDK whats wrong with me
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Anon- I would not give up the rest of my pills (about 11 days worth) because I too want to quit!!!!
    I quit taking them in July of '08 but my SO and I are trying to give my son a sibling and wanted to go back on them (nightmares or not!!!!) In fact...before/or as soon as...I become the big P again I will not have another smoke!!!!
    Honestly, for the first few months of my pregnancy I cut way back (think a few cigarettes a week from a pack a day)!!!! However, NOT AN EXCUSE, something traumatic happened and I started right from the beginning again and wish I could take it back!!!!!
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I don't believe in all those pills, patches and gums. It's all still chemicals. I swear it's designed to keep you addicted! I've quit several times over the years, always cold turkey and always mind over matter. I usually started back smoking because of stress or a break-up. The last and final time I quit is when my son asked me to. He said "Mommy, I thought your 'last' pack was your last pack". That was it for me. I think you have to just want it bad enough. They say you can break any habit in 3 days. Those 3 days are horrible! But once that's over you are on your way. You just have to be strong enough to know that you can't ever "just have one". You will pick up the habit just like you never left.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I smoke. I started a few months before I got pregnant. I quit right after I found out. It was easy ... woke up...took drag and then threw up! I started back up 6 weeks after having my DD
    Mommatoobe

Answer by Mommatoobe at 2:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I quit. I did use the patch. My husband said he wouldn't marry me until I quit. So I quit.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2009