Blogging mommies - help!

I'm starting a wedding blog with my sister. We're both getting married - me in September and her in 2015, and since we both have fairly different tastes we thought it would be fun to blog.

Anyway, I'm torn between Wordpress and Google Blogger. I use Blogger for my knitting blog, because it's easy... but I don't LOVE it. I find the themes kind of boring and very similar to each other. But I'm looking at the Wordpress themes right now and they're MUCH more customizable and unique. My fiance runs a website using Wordpress, and he says it might be hard for me - but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any insight?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2013 in Technology

• I prefer wordpress over any other site. Frankly, I'd be a bit offended by what your boyfriend said, unless you are basically a complete idiot when it comes to computers and the internet. It's not THAT hard to use. There are more options than other sites, and I find that while it may not be easier than other sites, there are plenty of ways to get the info you need to be able to figure out what you need to know.

They also offer plenty of help pages are just about anything you might want to do, including if you decide to buy your own domain name to use with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I use blogger, but I write the html background codes myself so I don't have to have one of their themes.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I use Blogger. I have a ton of blog sites that offer free templates. Just Google Blogger free templates. I have used Blogger since 2009. I have never used WP.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I use wordpress, I used blogspot, and switched because i preferred the features on wordpress.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I THINK that my fiance might think I'm not as internet/computer savvy as he is because when I occasionally write reviews for his site, I completely forget how to use it - just because I do it so infrequently. I always forget my password and I always forget his "template" for reviews - whoops! I'm perfectly internet-capable though. :P
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2013