How do I make them stop?

I'm having extremely painful contractions and I'm 35 weeks along. I was monitored for close to two hours and they are still 2-3 minutes apart but because I'm not dilated or effaced at all they sent me home without even stopping the contractions. They are so painful it makes me cry and I can barely walk. What can I do. I'm even in the bath and it's not helping and been drinking lots of water. What else can I do? Should I return to labor and delivery if I'm still having them a few hours from now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What did your OB say?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• What did the doc say?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• This is a question for your doctor!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• He didn't say anything neither did labor and delivery. All he said was I can go home and to set up an appointment next week with him. He was sent over the information from being monitored but since I haven't dilated they said I needed to go home even with the contractions so close together.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Then lay down and try to relax
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Been trying :( after the bath didn't work I laid down and they haven't improved. I was in the bath for about 15-20 minutes and got out just before posting a response 15 minutes ago. I'm at the point I can't sleep because they hurt and I want to puke because they are very strong. I think next time I have a baby I'm going with a different doctor.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Well another doctor would probably be the same. If you are not dilating, you are not going to have that baby. Staying in the hospital wouldn't change it and there is not much they can or should do to make them stop. I thought you were not supposed to take baths in the last month but I could be wrong.
    Try laying in your side with the pillow between your knees or on your back with your feet somewhat elevated.
    Ask your doctor if there is anything you can take to ease the pain, Ibuprophen maybe. Do not take anything without his permission.

If you have not had a bowel movement in a while try a tablespoon of corn syrup.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• Welcome to the wonderful world of false labor. not much they can do and I assume you are close to being 36 weeks. It's will probably be OK if baby is born. Not ideal, but ok. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water because dehydration can make it even worse. This much pain though I'd be calling my OB until he decided to do something.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I've tried tons of water, laying on my left side, pretty much everything and nothing has helped. I haven't called or gone back in because they had said my cervix were still thick, high, and closed. Not sure if it's changed much since 2ish. But I feel as if she's going to fall out. I just got to 35 weeks. It kind of makes me mad that I've not dilated or anything yet, at least if I had they could have given me medication to stop the contractions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2013

• I hope you have called your doctor, for heaven's sake.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2013