What to wear to a funeral now a days?

I thank god it has been awhile since I last been to one but unfortunately...I have to attend to one this weekend :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2013 in Just for Fun

• The last funeral I attended was back in April for my Aunt. I wore pants and a tunic.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Same as it always was
    Conservative,black or navy blue
    Skirt at or below the knee,slacks,blouse,blazer,solid color sweater,low heeled shoes.
    Minimal jewelry (nothing noisy like bangles)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I would say darker colors with respectable fit and neckline. Dress, skirt or slacks.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I've been told it's okay to wear dark, solid colors that are not black. I've done it, so I hope it's okay.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Think Job interview at an attorney's office. If You would wear it to that kind of interview you can wear it to funeral.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 1:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I don't wear dress pants can I get away with a pair of dark jeans? With a nice appropriate top.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Last funeral, I wore dressy black pants and a grey sweater.

Funeral before that, my grandma asked everyone to dress is red (my grandfather who passed loved red.)

Before that I wore black pants and a dark blue blouse.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Of course you can wear dark jeans ..no one cares whether you can afford nice clothes or not, only that you're there to show support.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 3:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• IMO you dress somberly, quiet colors if not black or navy blue.
    I think dresses are more appropriate but considering that it is winter and nice pantsuit would be good too.
    It should not be causal dress.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I think black at a funeral is pretty passe, TBH... but I guess it depends on the nature of the person who has passed away, when it comes right down to it. The last funeral I attended was my uncle's in the summer - it was held in a barn, actually, and was definitely more a celebration of how amazing he was. Nobody wore black - my sisters and I wore summer dresses with cardigans over top. Even my auntie wore a nice summer skirt with a pink top.

That said, I'm sorry for your loss, however close you were to the person who passed.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2013