why am i so mean now since im pregnant

Ever since i got pregnant ive been a total bitch to my husband and our three year old i dont know why my son is the most well behaved child I've ever seen and my husband told me to quit my job so i can relax while im pregnant and he gives and does anything i want but i still yell at the for everything they do i dont know why

Mrsamandagibson

Asked by Mrsamandagibson at 8:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Hormone surges. You'll level out by the second trimester a bit.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Stop abusing your family. Stop and think before you speak

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• You can blame some of it on the hormones, but you really need to get the attitude under control. If you're like this now, how will you be after the baby comes & you're sleep deprived. Talk to your Dr.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Your body is going through hormonal changes, but ultimately, you are in control of your mind and your mouth. Get a grip before you hurt your husband and your child and eventually yourself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Some of mine are from hormones the test is from my bipolar. I feel horrible for it to cause I can't control it.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I was a raging bitch at the beginning of my pregnancy. So much so that my husband actually said he wasn't sure if he ever wanted more kids if that's how it was going to make me act. It was at that point that I realized that even though my hormones were going crazy, being pregnat wasn't an excuse to treat him horribly and even if it took a lot more effort I could and needed to control myself. So I did. I learned to shut the hell up and take a deep breath and/or walk away until I cooled down. You CAN control yourself, even if you don't care to in the moment. And if you CAN'T then maybe you shouldn't have more kids. It does get better once your hormones settle but in the meantime don't take it out on your family. It's not fair to them.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• The choice to be a bitch or not lies entirely in your own hands, Using pregnancy is jusr a lame excuse for feeling you have the right to fly of on every whim o slight
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• You're under a stressful situation (that includes hormonal effects on your body) and it is highlighting your lack of emotional regulation. I went through some really tough "this is not how I want to be with my child, my partner, my mother" (my mom was living with us at the time) times & it was not the hormones, at bottom. It was my lack of skills for managing my emotions. Or rather, my coping mechanisms weren't sufficient.
    Anger and irritability are defense mechanisms, or ways of dissociating FROM more threatening personal emotions. If you don't have much tolerance for threatening/uncomfortable internal feelings, you will tend to get reactive when those feelings are getting triggered. This is the brain's way of "protecting" you from something dangerous/threatening. It's a leftover childhood defense (children dissociate from overwhelming feelings, and it becomes automatic to do so.)

Pregnancy can bring it on big time.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Hormones
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 8:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2014