I wonder how a few members would act if....

CM made the "anonymous" option obsolete? Or at least the answer section. I think using the anon option should be allowed to ask a question. Some of them are quite personal. But I think the snarky comments would decrease somewhat as for the rude ones.
What do you think?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Some days I agree that being able to answer anon is a bad thing. But again, sometimes there are those really sensitive answers that some don't feel like sharing using their screen name.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I'd be fine with it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I think it is okay to want to contribute to a persons question while remaining anonymous yourself. Especially in a community as close as this one, no one would need to know if I was gay or abused etc.

It is sad that the feature gets used to be harassing or plain mean. But it is the Internet and I like this site. It really isn't too bad.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Fine by me, it's usually pretty obvious who's using it anyway.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Incidentally, did you get to see all the anon posts that CM deleted from your question the other day? All the anon posts attacking anyone who didn't agree with every word you said, that is.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I'm fine. I don't use anon.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• I don't think snarky comments are acceptable anonymous or not. There are plenty of members who get nasty without being anonymous. It's still just as ignorant.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• That is, to questions that aren't ridiculous anyway. Sometimes people deserve it. Others do not.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Wouldn't bother me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Makes no difference to me. I get that anons are snarky at times, but people are rude/snarky IRL. Why let it ruin your day? Most of the "real" drama, I've noticed, is usually caused by someone using a SN anyways at least much of what I've actually witnessed.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2013