Do you think it's fair that..

A man has too many kids he can't support and he gets thrown in jail or hounded for cs but a woman spreads eagle and has multiple kids and she gets rewarded and coddled ? Aka gov't cheese ? What are your thoughts ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• I think both should be made to take equal responsibility for the child(ren) they create.
    Yes if he owes child support for multiple kids he should have done something to control it happenning and if not he is responsible for paying the child support he owes. I do not think women should get a free ride either but it is whatever the court to declare in that particular case.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Sadly, nothing in life is fair as we all know.
    I mean we can't spay a woman like a dog just because of overbreeding (I know maybe a terrible analogy), but a man has the option of giving up his rights, and I *think* that means he no longer gets hounded but I am not sure. If the man was grown up enough to have sex, he can be grown up enough to put a condom on.
    CKel

Answer by CKel at 12:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I think - I wonder why you are on this site if you are not a mom Gwen.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I second SB's answer.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I think that a lot of things in life aren't fair. That's just how it goes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Life isn't fair. Most of us start learning that hard truth when we're about four or five years old. It's a fact that's not likely to change just because it sucks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Not all women with more than 1 child are receiving Govt. asst. And I'm not about to judge the ones who are. There's a safety net in place for a reason. Men who refuse to step up & take care of their children should be punished. The mom is there in the trenches day in & day out, taking care of her children.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Aren't most women who get "rewarded" and "coddled" actually raising the children?

I think having children when you can't support them is a problem but the issue you set up in this question seems like one where fathers (who aren't supporting their children) are followed/pressed for accountability and mothers (who have the children) are given assistance. I don't know for sure but my guess is that a father wouldn't be "hounded" if he had physical custody of the child & qualified for welfare.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Not right either way.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Apples to oranges

Or as some like to say...PAXY !
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2013