Pet Peeve

Do you find it annoying/laughable when couples say they've been together for x-amount of years even though they've been on and off and broken up for half or more of those years?

I'm reading the facebook of someone who is back with her baby daddy for the 4th time in less than 4 years. They were engaged before they broke up the first time. She has has a new "amazing boyfriend" each time they broke up. Literally one month ago she was with a different guy. Today she is back with baby daddy, they are both wearing rings, and she is stating she is "so glad to be engaged to her best friend since 2009". WTF! I don't get people. Dont they get embarrased when everyone knows what a sham it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• Seems fake to me too, TBH. I mean... if I had broken up with someone and gotten back together with them, I wouldn't necessarily tell everyone they've been together "since" such and such a time - unless of course, it's just in passing... because otherwise you might be giving out way too much info, ya know?

My sister is the same way though... she recently got engaged to her boyfriend, who she INSISTS she's been with longer than I've been with my fiance - sure, technically they got together about 6 months before we did, but somewhere along the line they broke up for several months and didn't get back together until his parents paid to take her to Orlando with them. :/
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Oddly, my pet peeve is the term "baby daddy".
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 9:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• My pet peeve is when I'm trying to spoon with DH & he farts & his underwear fart bubble touches my leg. :(
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 9:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• "That's not embarrassing to you? "

Why would it be? It's not her relationship so I'm thinking she's not invested in how they portray themselves on social media. (Sorry if I'm off the mark C)

I tend to feel that way myself. It's their relationship and up to them how they define it.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 9:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• who cares?!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• It's annoying when someone calls their BF their husband,and his parents "the inlaws"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• *Shrug.* Push the "WHATEVER" button and be glad it's not you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Trashy, but at least it's entertaining.

I'm more bothered by the immature married couples who have to post all day long about how much they love each other.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Not your life...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I find trashy peoples lives slightly entertaining.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2013