Still no dilation or effacement

Almost full term was wondering if there's some natural, safe, and healthy ways to help with dilation and effacement. In no way am I trying to break my own water like some idiots do or ask for, I want my baby to be healthy and safe. Just want to avoid a csection at all costs. I heard walking and sex but not sure if they are just myths or if they'd really work. Any advice would be very helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Why are you so against csections?
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Nice of you to point out you don't want to break your own water, I find that odd to mention that isn't what you are looking for.
    There really isn't anything you can do, except call your doctor, babies come when they are ready.
    If your doctor is concerned, then they would have the best options.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• And PS- if your baby or you are in danger, a c-section might have to happen.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• You haven't even hit your due date yet... Give it time
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Almost full term doesn't mean full term. You still have plenty of time. Don't rush it. Baby will come when it is ready.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• "Why are you so against csections? "

Because a good chunk of them are unnecessary? Because it's major surgery?

OP, walking won't hurt at all, sex can be beneficial for a lot of reasons. Time is your best bet but walk when you can.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 11:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2013

• The reason I mentioned the water thing is because I see a lot of people asking how to break it and didn't want people thinking I am interested in that. Plus I just wanted to find a way to dis the ones who do ask. With my first I avoided a csection but they had to insert a ballon to manually stimulate my cervix to dilate and it was they most painful thing I've ever been through. I'm 38 weeks so guess it's full term. I keep forgetting doctors consider full term at 37 weeks.
    I'd love sex a lot more if my sex drive didn't disappear when I had gotten pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Squats on a yoga ball

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Have some sex. You don't need "drive" to enjoy it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Haha!! I did that but didn't feel any different afterwards. How do I know if it's working at all?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2013