PGA How is your son doing?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Well he had a very bad night, so bad that they had to give him morphine for the pain. Shakes and sweats, etc. so I assumed there's no way he'll be coming home today. Well he called me and said he could come home today. So I race up here, and nurses tell me a bit of a different story. They are waiting to see where his pain goes after the morphine has worn off. He is resting now. Needs one more IV dose of steroid (decodran?)
    He's dressed in his jeans and sneakers ready to leave, but now I'm not sure that will happen.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I want to thank every body for your good vibes and prayers and concern. Unfortunately it's just one of those things that takes lots if time and rest and there's not a lot that can be done. That's the worst part.
    No miracle drug or procedure.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• We're going home! Just waiting on paperwork!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I am glad they are waiting too. At least here I know he's ok, hydrated, etc. Bringing him home I'm going to have to force him to eat and drink and that's still so painful for him. I really wish they'd keep him. I have to work this weekend and both my parties are over 2 hours away. Not working is not an option, either. I'm torn.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Aw. Tell that stubborn boy to cool his jets and get his butt back in bed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Oh man I'm sorry to read this. I hope he feels better in time to enjoy the holidays and come home today.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• He is grounded to the couch! If I let him sack out in his room he will not drink and rest as he should. I think that's how we ended up in the hospital in the first place.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• That is so scary when one of your kids get sick enough to land in the hospital. I know he is anxious to get home but I am glad they are waiting to be sure.
    I am thinking of you both and hope he will be well enough to come home.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Well plop him on the couch and tuck him in with the remote and sit on him to make him stay still.
    I know I always rest better in my own bed.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I know what you mean.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2013