I found the culprit, dag nabbit!

I've been stumbling around like a zombie with a migraine all week. Throwing up. Popping Vicodin and Immitrix (sp?). Going to bed early and sleeping late when I could, cutting corners on meal preparation. I finally went to the doctor this morning for a shot in the behind of the heavy duty drugs because I couldn't take it anymore. There was a scent in my house I couldn't track down.

I found the culprit! After all that misery and all those drugs. I walked in from the doctor and the cat had dragged some ratty little ornament out from under the Christmas tree after knocking it off. It was a cheap little Avon thing I didn't even know we had, some pine-scented piece of crap that's supposed to make your artificial tree smell real! Out it went, and my headache started to ease up right away. Now see, I could have saved myself a whole week of hell if I'd known, but those things are so easy to miss. There are so many sneaky chemicals and smells waiting to pounce on you in the decorations and foods during the holidays!

No question. Rant over. Be careful out there, all you sensitive types like me. You never know what's lurking around, waiting to nab you!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Holidays

• My Mom gave my Son an Old Spice soap on a rope that she found in my Dad's drawer. It was new in the box & he hung it in his bathroom. I keep on smelling it every time I come upstairs & it's giving me a headache too. (He's 7 BTW!) LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• "shot in the behind of the heavy duty drugs because I couldn't take it anymore."

The drugs you listed prior are pretty heavy duty already. Have you seen a migraine specialist?
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 2:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• They're having some success with Botox.

I don't know about your other health concerns (and certainly don't need to)...it just seemed like a lot of medications, some of which are addictive. I'm assuming your shots are opiods, as well, so I'm sure you'd like to not have to take all that.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 3:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Glad you found it.. I can't be in a house with the fireplace burning, does the same to me.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• You sound like me the other day. I couldn't figure out why my nose was so stuffed up and runny (alternating back and forth) and had a headache and stuff. I was chalking it up to the weather going all cold/hot on us, and then discovered that my kids had brought a pine branch inside and stuck it in the lizard container. I'm allergic to pine pollen! And when I told them they had to take it outside, my oldest says, "Oh, there's all this yellow stuff on it. Let me shake it off." And I'm like, "No! That's the stuff I'm allergic to!!" lol

Glad you figured it out and got it out of there.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Some sections of the grocery store put my nose on sensory overload, so I can't imagine being enclosed with an overbearing scent like that. Glad you were able to figure it out so you can return to your normal life & enjoy the holidays.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• The drugs you listed prior are pretty heavy duty already. Have you seen a migraine specialist?

Oh yes. I've been more rounds than I can count and tried more drugs, physical therapies, and natural remedies than I could possibly list with migraine specialists, neurologists, asthma specialists, cronic pain management doctors, rheumatologists, immunologists, orthopedists, massage therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, nutritionists, aroma therapsts, and other homeopathic practitioners of one kind or another. It's been a long and sometimes very frustrating quest for answers to my seemingly unending health questions.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2013