May be pregnant at 43! How do I break it to my husband (of 3 years)?

Getting a test done Monday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Take a test first, then go from there
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• What does your pee stick say?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Make sure you're not pulling a Kitty (from that 70's Show) and thinking you're pregnant when you're actually starting menopause! ;)

Good luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Find out for sure first. Don't borrow trouble on a maybe.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• The HPT had a thick line and a faint thin line. But the box said even faint was positive.
    I don't watch the 70's show. I would welcome menopause.
    That was my thought Ballad and midnightmoma!

If we don't have kids, his family line ends, so I'm kinda hopeful but TERRIFIED!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I got pregnant with my second child at 43, had her at 44! So, what's the big deal? I called my DH at work as soon as I took a test & it was positive.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• He is only 36. I'll be 43 in January. I had pretty much decided my 14 yo son would be it for me. He doesn't have any kids, so I think he'll be excited. So when I do tell him I want to do it right. It's not that it's a big deal, just unexpected.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Take another test & read the immediate results. Pee in a cup & dip the stick. If you let it sit, you'll get a false pos if it's neg. Tell him when you are positive.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• With Christmas around the corner I would get him a I am going to be a Daddy shirt. If you do not celebrate Christmas you could still make a special meal and give him the gift.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 2:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• AuntieV I was thinking of a baby's first Christmas ornament or something, but if I am right, it's an August due date, so that would work better next year. His birthday is the day after Christmas and I know for a fact I'm not ready to tell the whole family. Come on Monday!! UGH not knowing for sure is stressing me out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2013