• In the Spotlight:

Mei Tai Baby Carrier-

Has anyone used a Mei Tai carrier (specifically an Eden Mei Tai)? What are your thoughts, loved it or hated it?
I'm looking to buy a Eden Mei Tai carrier for the LO I'm expecting soon.
I tried the Ergo carrier.Loved the concept, hated all the buckles and adjusting that had to be done between DH and I.

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 2:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have heard varying opinions on it. So far a wrap or a sling (i did a poll) are the most popular lol. Ring slings are great and adjustable, and wraps are fun (you can get some nice one's on etsy for 40 bucks)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I hated the mai tei, I don't like the ties. I find it nearly impossible to put on by myself too. I LOVE the ergo though! I don't like them for tiny babies though. I prefer ring slings for that time.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I used a sarong, like the kind you use to cover up a swimsuit. I just tied the corners together, put it on like a sling, over one shoulder, under the other arm and put the baby in. I was able to carry all my kids until they were probaby 3 or so. Except Baby # 2, he was huge!!! I learned from my SIL she is refugee from Thailand, and thats what they do there. It was SO much easier than all the straps and more comfortable for the baby. It works just like a sling.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• you should try a moby wrap
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009