Kitchen aid and bread making

I was using my kitchen aid for the first time to make some bread. I used the recipe that came with the kitchen aid and the dough hook. When I was mixing the dough(kneading it) I noticed that the kitchen aid was rocking a bit. Not extremely violently but a bit more then I expected.

It is the smaller kitchen aid. Is this normal? Would hate to hurt the kitchen aid.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• It's fine. Mine does that as well, especially with more dense dough.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 3:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• It is fine but I place my hand on top of mine just to make sure it stays where I want it.
    If the dough is so thick that it crawls up into the motoer. You wil of course want to stop that and add a few drops of water at a time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• The mixer is IMHO one of the best on the market. When the dough starts forming a ball it will thump around a little but it is very normal. Even the big professional ones do this.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 3:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Thanks guys thats what I thought but wanted to make sure. The bread turned out great!
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Mine never has, but I can't remember for sure if I've made bread with it. I don't think I'd worry too much about it, though, those things are pretty sturdy. I make my 12 yr old get it and put it up for me these days. It's heavy! lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• It is normal. But make sure you do not go above 2nd speed for mixing dough. My mom used mine and burned out the motor by going faster.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I have a Krups, which is similar and yes, it does get a bit shaky. Just make sure you're not going above the speed level, for bread making is 1 or 2 depending on the brand.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2013