Have you ever had meningitis?

What did it feel like?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Health

• I have not but I know it's brutal. Very high fever, extreme headache, some neck pain, vomiting, sometimes seizures.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 4:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• My grandma did and all I remember is her head hurting a lot. She ended up being induced into a coma. It was scary.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• My mom had spinal meningitis when she was about 5. Was very sick for a long time. Lost sight in one eye and had to learn to walk again bu that was back in the late 1920's. Was treated at home by doctor and family members. Think there was something about health quarantine but she never went into details.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 5:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• OMG! No! Why??
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• I've had viral meningitis but not bacterial. Viral is nasty but not the horrid thing bacterial is...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Fever, stiff neck, pain everywhere. It caused the strokes that ultimately killed my mother when her fever spiked. She was sent to physical therapy to recover just from the meningitis before they ever figured out there was a stroke involved. She also suffered from dementia as a result.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Nope. I had encephalitis instead. Severe headache was the biggest part.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I had spinal meningitis when I was 16 months old. Of course I don't remember how it felt. It did cause me to have seizures all my life,from the high fever and that really sucks.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2013