Help I keep dreaming that I am cheating on my husband

About three years ago, I befriended a man. At first it was all business but he paid allot of attention to me and then he started to have feelings for me. I did too but not that serious, because he is married. I completely shut him out of my life. I got marrried a year ago and I love my husband more than anything. Recently I started working with this other man again. And lately started having dreams that I was cheating with that man. I dont know what is going on and I'm worried I never want to cheat on my husband he is my soul ,mate

butterflyprises

Asked by butterflyprises at 3:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• Unless you act on it,you're fine
    Perhaps the dreams are out of guilt vs. lust for your co-worker

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Dreams are just dreams. I have the opposite dreams.  I dream my DH is cheating on me and it pisses me off. I have not reason to dream that way.

Answer by louise2 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Dreams are out of our control. I have dreams that are sex-related, or dreams where I just have feelings for other men ALL. THE. TIME. My fiance and I haven't had sex for about 7 months now (yup, major dry spell) so I think that's where these dreams are coming from. I wake up thinking, "where the HELL did that come from?!" and if I've dreamt about someone at work I feel super awkward when I run into them! Aside from random guys though, I often dream about people I've had feelings for in the past - former flings, my first MAJOR relationship, even my son's dad who I can't STAND anymore. As long as you keep these feelings to your dream-self, you're fine.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• You can dream focus. You know what you dreams are especially if it is a repeat. As you drift off to sleep focus on the dream and tell yourself to walk away in your dream.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Stop being dishonest with yourself. Has anyone betrayed your trust recently??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• dreams r out of control so just be honest with ur dh and let him know if he ask but if not i would be quiet about it and just leave it at that :)
    Mum-2-3-girls

Answer by Mum-2-3-girls at 10:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2013

• Just a dream. Don't sweat itm.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• My dreams=desires.
    I would defriend said coworker.
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• I've had dreams my boyfriend is cheating on me.. Needless to say while I was still dead asleep I heard myself yell "get the F away from me" (I pushed him at that point while still sleeping) and then suddenly I heard my boyfriend swearing and yelling at me. Apparently while still sleeping I made a fist and got him in the balls. I know it's just a dream but sometimes we can dream what we are most scared of.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2013