So confused on what to do?? sometimes feel amazing, half the time, worthless.

I've been with my fiancee for three years. He cheated in the beginning. Though I don't forgive him I won't show that. Aside from that, he is very self centered. If he doesn't get his way, he gets childish, and walks around continuing to go on about the particular thing he wants until I eventually just say to get it. The times I don't acknowledge this behavior....its an ongoing thing I have to hear about. He made fun of me and yelled at me for wanting to go back to school, but now he's pursuing his own thing. Then he says when he's done, I can pursue what I'd like. He's very self centered. Typing all this answer seems clear I should leave but I love him and those times of compliments and being a gentleman also makes me hold on. However, his communication is hit or miss. He calls me a bitch or makes fun of me when I cry. Later he'll apologize. He always says he'll change but then says its not an overnight process. Help.

ajh2828

Asked by ajh2828 at 4:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• I'm not really sure why you're with him. You say you love him but what exactly do you love about him? You should never stay with someone who tears you down, you need to be with someone who builds you up. My husband would never call me names or yell at me. There are good guys out there but you have to decide you are worth better!

Answer by missanc at 6:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I'm confused as to why you would accept this behavior from him,and think that you don't deserve better

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• What a great guy.
    Before you diagnose yourself with low self esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• He needs counseling if he really wants to change. He has shown you over time he is not going to. Don't put up with this. A relationship is a partnership, not a dictatorship.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• OWE! Please leave this guy! Sometime love has nothing to do with it. Go pursue what you want in life he should be one of them.

Answer by louise2 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• PartyGalAnne hit the target! That is your answer!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• They ALL say they will change! It just gets worse!
    Give yourself a nice Christmas Present and leave his ass!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• It will be hard, but you need to leave this situation! He may not be hitting you with fists, but sure he is with his words. You don't have a relationship, so do yourself a favor and get out!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• He's not ready to be married, engaged, or even in a grown up relationship. He's not the king, don't treat him like he is. Tell him like it is and he's either got to shape up or leave you to your own life.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I agree with PGA. Personally I would leave. That type of relationship is not worth staying in.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2013