Ok my roommate babys dad called cps on her so there coming to our house do they have the right to search through my things even tho im not involved and have my own separate things like my room

I have my own things pay my half the rent buy my food separate ect are they aloud to seach my room??

PrettyChocolate

Asked by PrettyChocolate at 9:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• Why would CPS be searching through anyone's stuff? I didn't know they did that.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• CPS is not the FBI

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Why did he call CPS on her?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• why would you be worried about having your stuff searched?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• On a visti they will tour the living space. That would include yours since you share living space. They will look in the refrigerator and cupboards (food)

Do have any idea what the allegation is? That may have some bearing on what they focus on.
    I our case, 3rd party res ponders, that spoke to us, took a quick look around and left. No complaints had been made, however.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2013

• If it is somewhere the child could reasonably go then they can look..... If they will or not depends on the allegations and what they find in the rest of the house....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• What are you hiding?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Hide your vibrator.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Depends on what the report was about. If the report was that she is a drug user and that she beats her kids etc. then your custody could be jeopardized as well if you continue to live with her once the report is verified. If it is that she doesn't feed or bath the kids then they will look around the house and cupboards etc. and probably want to talk with you as you would have the most knowledge.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Yes. They are allowed to search your room if they feel the need to do so.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2013