I wanted to share something that put a smile on my face this morning

As I was walking away from my son's school,a dad pulled up to drop his son off. He got out to hand his son his backpack and musical instrument,then pulled him in and gave him a kiss on the top of his head. My heart just melted. I love seeing men who give their kids affection,even when those kids are teenagers. And kids who don't pull away in embarrassment.
What has warmed your heart lately?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• How awesome is that? Now that's what I call a man, and a dad.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Aww- thanks for sharing that sweet moment. I think if we all slowed down & paid closer attention, we'd be amazed at the abundance of sweet moments all around us. I feel fortunate that I get to experience it on a daily basis when I watch my oldest son interact with our dog. They have a very special bond. Not only do they do their fair share of snuggles, he is so patient & helpful with her when he helps her up & down our stairs when she needs to go out. (she's 15 y/o) What they have is love at its purest. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Meanwhile I hear this morning before getting up.... "AHHH no hugs daddy...AHHH"*giggle giggle*. lol But then later on daddy was laying down on the floor and our son decided he needed some snuggles(he is 6).

It was late start today(school starts and hour late) so we had some extra time in the morning and they were watching a cartoon together.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Awe. I love that too :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Thursday I had a late doctor's appointment to go over some test results and I dropped off the minivan/kids at my husband's work at 4:00 and took his car to my appointment. We had a plan to meet up afterwards in the children's room at the local library. I arrived to see my two five-year-olds standing at the train table narrating their play, and my husband snoozing in a chair with our 9 year old daughter draped across him, also dozing.

This year since all 3 of my kids are in school, I do the morning drop offs & I regularly see father-child interactions that warm my heart. I can't think of a dad who is NOT involved & visibly affectionate, even when the family is no longer together. (Some of the kids have involved stepdads I see a lot at the school but I see their fathers at other times, too.) There are 36 kids total in the school (K-8) so it's a small group of families, but lots of economic & social diversity, lots of warmth.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:25 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Seeing how happy my little angel grand daughter gets when moms bring her over to my house...and she is only 8 months!

Answer by older at 8:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2013