I am the one that asked the other day about my dd having to throw her lunch away at school

Below is a link to my previous question.

But I called the school yesterday and talked to the principal I told her exactly what my dd told me and right away she said thats not true we would never do that that would never happen she said she would talk to my dd but it never happened. So when my dd came home from school yesterday I asked her if the principal talked to her she said yes. My dd told me she told her exactly what she told me.

I also asked the principal about them not being able to talk at lunch she said they can talk before they get their lunch but once they get their lunch they aren't allowed to talk anymore they if they talk they don't eat. Then she said they have to earn talking so if they dont talk through the whole time they are eating when they are done they can only whisper, but if they talk while eating none of them get to talk at the end of lunch. I told her this is the only time kids get to communicate she said that isn't true they get to in class because they get into groups. So here my dd was telling the truth.

I did tell them if it continues if my dd comes home anymore and tells me how she doesnt get to finish her lunch that I will contact the bored of education she told me to contact her first. I just asked my dd today when she got home from school if they get to talk at all in lunch she said no (I havent even said anything to her about what the principal told me) she said we aren't even allowed to whisper or we have to go sit on the stage and not eat.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1358417/This_happened_2_weeks_ago_it_was_on_a_friday_noone_answered_so_i_was_going_to_call_first_thing_monda

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• QUESTION: How long is the lunch period and do they go outside for play time before returning to class? The reason I ask is that SS had 45 minutes for lunch. They had a street light in the lunch room. When the noise level was low the light was green. As the noise went up the light went to yellow. If it was too loud it went to red. When it was red the whole room needed to be silent to get the light to go to green again. After the kids were finished eating they returned their trays to the kitchen area and could go out to play till the bell rang.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 3:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I like what AuntieV's school does. Maybe you could suggest it to the principal at your child's school, since their current system is an epic fail! I would also suggest it to the Board of Ed. & the Superindent, since the Principal seems a bit defensive about the whole thing.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I am pretty sure you have at least one day off and can go unexpectedly to visit the lunch room. Take your phone and video tape.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Go above their heads. That sounds like torture.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• there lunch is a half hour long. They go out but like right now they been playing inside being its been snowy here my dd told me they arent allowed to talk in indoor recess either
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I am pretty sure you have at least one day off and can go unexpectedly to visit the lunch room. Take your phone and video tape

I am a stay at home mom so I could go up there, but thing is I don't drive my husband has no vacation time right now to take time off work. I also have a 2 year old that I don't have a sitter for as all my family work. Believe me I would be up there if I had a way up there and someone to watch my active 2 year old But thing is to though is if I was up there it probably wouldnt happen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Do you know any other parents in the school? Enlist one of them. But definitely take the next complaint up the chain of command. I wouldn't stop at the principal's office first, either.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• The principal's attitude would have made me bristle. Denying everything flat out? Saying she'll talk to your daughter? She should have told you (at very least) she'd look into it. Sounds to me as if there have been othe complaints. I'd skip going to see her if this ever happens and go clean over her head. Also, talk to some of the other parents, find out if this has already happened to someone (askyour daughter, she might be able to give you names).
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• my dd gave me the name of the teacher of this year and last year different teachers. I have a neighbor that said they use to do that stuff when her kids were there but that was years ago. Her older 2 are in college and her youngest is in 10-11 grade. She said she was up there every single day. Then I know one parent that was homeschooling her dd and just put her back into school and went to that school. Thing is she says how her dd had to throw out her lunch and wasnt allowed to eat either but she said there is nothing we can do about it then she said the principal seems really nice and she said maybe she will take care of it. She tells me she doesnt like how the school does this and that but then sticks up for them. I don't know any other parents at the school
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• This is bull shit! How far away do you live from the school?
    I would put my 2 year old in the stroller, bundled up and walk to her school, make an unexpected visit.
    If that's not possible call the school board!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2013