Do your cats ever get more affectionate when they think you're the one in heat?

It's my time of the month and the cats I was around today were more affectionate than usual. Not in a sick way, but just wouldn't leave me alone. Was it a fluke, or does this happen to you too? I've always had dogs so except for the occasional nose to crotch moment, I've never had an animal act this way around me before when it's that time. Went anon for obvious reasons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2013 in Pets

• Animals do respond to human pheromones, particularly around ovulation & menstruation in women. Example: tonight at my party we all put on the pheromone oil, 10 seconds later the hostesses cat came from out of nowhere and crawled across everyone's laps.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• My cat doesn't act any differently at that time of the month than any other. He's more affectionate when we've been gone a while (like 3 hours or more) and he's been all alone - he's a major people kitty.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Did you have cats when you were pregnant? They LOVE you.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I've been around cats all my life and have never experienced that, ever. They did love to lay by my belly when I was pregnant though.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Nope, my cat doesn't like people. He only comes out at night when the kids are asleep and he will just sit on the couch near me. He never acts any different
    CKel

Answer by CKel at 7:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2013