Duck Dynasty’ Fallout:GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years

The comment over 8,000 make me sick!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-fallout-glaad-reeling-biggest-backlash-years-010050637.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I think I maybe only one who never heard of duck dynasty before this ignoramus made these comments and our 'media' went with it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• "he was just quoting the bible"

I don't seem to recall any part of the bible that said black people were happier when they were forced to use separate drinking fountains and could be lynched for saying hello to the wrong woman.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• but what I don't understand is why some people are shocked that a man of his generation

Nobody is shocked by what he said. They are shocked by the idiots who are defending him by saying his opinions are ok because they're all biblical. That list includes the WBC, Sarah Palin and Terry Jones (the guy who burns Korans for attention). Most of them are lying (or too stupid to know better) and suggesting it's a free speech issue, when reality it's a compensated speech issue.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• Got this off of facebook. Made me laugh. I would also like to say that one of the things I appreciate about most of the regulars here is that they support gay rights.

Dear Phil (duck dynasty) Robertson,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow... them.

(cont.)

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

(cont.)
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2013

• I am from West Monroe, Louisiana. He in no way reflects everyone's beliefs. A majority of people here think he is an idiot for standing for such intolerance. Not sure what his deal is but My God loves and accepts everyone and judges NOONE!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

^^^That was probably written to preserve the men's safety/sanity. lol ;p

This whole thing is starting to remind me a bit of the Paula Deen story. I totally disagree w/ his views, but what I don't understand is why some people are shocked that a man of his generation, from LA, feels that way. Yes, society is changing & becoming more accepting of the gay population, but you can't convince them all. Esp. guys like that.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• That list includes the WBC, Sarah Palin and Terry Jones (the guy who burns Korans for attention).

^^^^Ahhh- all pillars of society. NOT! Considering the supporters who've rallied behind him, that alone should be enough proof that his opinion is that of his fellow dunderheads.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2013