I don't understand my dog

My gsd just turned 2 .They say a tired dog is a good dog . Well not mine she seems to be the opposite with everything . Last night I played fetch with her and played with her for a long time .well last night she went on a chewing rampage 2 of my kids banks , paper, boxes and kids toys and they say to put stuff to and dog proof your house well I did she literally got the banks down from a shelf .I'm clueless on what to do or why she does this ? It's like the more good I am to her and more attention I give her the more she acts out at night .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2013 in Pets

• She needs a crate for nightime
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 9:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Is she crate trained?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• If she were a child I'd say she was overtired. I agree with the previous replies, she needs a crate. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• I agree with crate training as well. When we went thru the chewing stage w/ ours, I wished the dogs had an allowance I could dock in order to pay for the stuff they destroyed! lol ;p GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2013

• What kind dog do you have? Perhaps you are getting her overly excited. Playing with her vigorously and then going in the house think she's tired out, when she now completely amped up. After playtime try calming her down with a nice walk, then a relaxing (but quick) grooming with a soft massage brush. Speak in softer tones to try to convey to her that it's time to calm down. Establishing a routine just as you do with you kids will also help. Good luck!
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 8:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• She is a 2 year old germen shepherd .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Ah, the German Shepard, a working breed! To add to my previous answer, when you are outside playing with her, continue with her obedience training, maybe do some agility work. Start teaching her some new tricks, to work her mind as well as her body. When you take her for a walk, put a backpack on her with a couple water bottles for weight and "give her a job". I do this with my Great Dane and as soon as the back pack goes on her demeanor changes, because now she's in "work" mode. German Shepard's are a very smart breed and like to be challenged and just think of how much more you can connect with your dog the more you work with her.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 4:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I would crate her when she can't be watched. She can't be completely trusted yet. You might look into some doggie activities to do with her like Flyball, Agility, search and rescue training. All of these things are a lot of fun.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2013