Weird things your little ones do..or teens- they do weird things too

mine is six
she can repeat commercials exactly
and tries to talk me into buying the item
she gets as excited as the person selling the thing
saturdays i let her watch cartoons- i think of it as commercial day

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 4:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• When he hears profanity on tv or sees it online and we're right there, he gets really embarrassed. The kind of embarrassed that happens when you're watching tv with Grandma and a Massengill commercial would come on. He doesn't react that way if we use it, only if we all hear it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Just about everything my kid does is weird
    He'll get on my elliptical and ride it one legged...and FAST too!
    He runs around with a mirror and looks at everything reflected in it
    He plays Playstation with the controller held over his head

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• My 4 year old got all excited in the laundry isle about a month ago "MOM IT'S OXYCLEAN!" and driving on the way home "Look Mom- Red Lobster!"
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• When my DS was still drinking from a sippy cup, he'd rub the tag in his pants between his fingers. He never really attached to a pacifier, blanket, or stuff animal, so I think that was his comfort item. Now, he says poop after almost everything he says. Apparently, it's hilarious to him. He is 4. DD (19 months old) likes to head butt people and things like windows and the couch. And if I say anything referring to a diaper change, she hids from me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• He is 4.

That'll last a while. DH was playing a minecraft mod that includes a way to make fertilizer using animal poop. Everywhere you walk, if there are cows or sheep around, there are little brown lumps on the ground labelled "poop". He called DS in and showed him, and he was laughing so hard he ended up on the floor crying.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Those are hysterical!!!! My 2 year old grandson smells literally everything. Things you hand him, rocks he picks up, everything!! We took him to lunch and were in tears laughing at him!! He smelled the table top, the menu, his napkin, his plate, the water, his cocoa, etc!!!! I call him The Sniffer
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• My DS is almost 3, and he'll point out every 'no smoking' sign and shout out 'NO SMOKING!' Quite embarrassing when there are people around actually smoking.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Right after having just changed her butt, my 1 year old brought in another diaper, and SHOVED it at me, then whimpered for me to pick her up. Also, while whimpering, she was TRYING to get the FRESH CLEAN DIAPER off so I could put the other one on....

Yes, I am seriously thinking of potty training her soon, even though she's not quite 13 months old.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Dd #1 sings in the shower...really, REALLY loud. Like, we can hear her outside loud. She also does this in her room occasionally. Dd#2 is obsessed with chemical reactions. She was polishing my silver tea set today and went on and on about the chemical reaction. Dd#3 smells her own farts. Every single time she farts she sniffs at it. Dd#4 can figure out how to fix most minor computer issues, even things her dad and I can't figure out.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• DD6 has to hug me 55 times a day. Like she is ALWAYS hanging on me!
    DS9 is obsessed with stuffed animals and will freak out if you toss them or pick them up wrong. He has a 'fuzzy' blanket he sleeps with year round and I have to sneak it into the wash. He will not eat spaghetti with any other kind of noodle but spaghetti and mac and cheese has to have shells. No exceptions. He memorized Youtube videos and acts them out. Venturian, Yogscast, Captain Sparkles and Tobuscus are his favorites. When he plays minecraft he does commentary and pretends to be them. He can talk you to death about minecraft and mods and resource packs. Let's see... his weird list could go on and on. lol. One more, When he runs he opens and closes his hands/fingers in this strange way I can't even explain...
    Anonymous