What is your own personal views of an ideal man? Or what made you want to marry your significant other?

Ok ladies what are the qualities that you look for in your ideal man or what compelled you to marry or attract you to him? Let's be realistic here!

Gypsyd

Asked by Gypsyd at 10:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• I met my husband when I was 18 and he was 19 and we got engaged 6 months later (I know, that's crazy!) But what made him different was that he had a good job and had just enlisted in the Navy (I being an Air Force brat knew I could live that lifestyle). He was a MAN, like had a job and 2 vehicles and was sweet and respectful to my family, and treated me so differently than any of the silly high school boyfriends. Those gorgeous baby blue eyes and easy sexy smile sure didn't hurt either ;-).
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• He loves me and accepts me for me and doesn't try to change me into something I am not. That is very important in my book.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• My ideal man would be Benedict Cumberbatch.

But...I'll settle for a guy who respects me for who I am, doesn't try to change me, who listens to me and really cares about what I have to say. Most of all I would like to be with someone who supports me emotionally and who supports me as I pursue my dreams. Unfortunately, I don't have that in my marriage anymore. I wonder if I'll ever have that again.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Sense of humor, ability to have fun, respectful, would defend me to anyone and doesn't try to change me. <3 Married for 6 1/2 years, now. <3 We have had our ups and downs, but he still has those qualities.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Mine is someone who loves me as he got me... Doesn't try to make me something I am truley not. I don't mind trying new things or being open to it. Being Romantic everyonce in a while without me telling him outgoing. Just be himself!
    Gypsyd

Comment by Gypsyd (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• There is no ideal man. But then, I wouldn't say I'm ideal to live with, either. I think my boyfriend and I make a pretty good team. We respect each other, we make each other laugh, we work out our disagreements.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• My husb. & I have known each other our whole adult lives. We were friends 1st & I think that's important. He loves me, flaws & all. He loves my boys like his own. He's hard-working & values our marriage (vows) & our family. After 18 yrs of being together, I can still get lost in his hazle/blue eyes & he can still make my toes curl, if you know what I mean :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I felt settled about marrying him/being with him & committing because I could see that he was responsive....able to respond. When I was unhappy about something, or feeling doubt because of some issue or conflict, he didn't get defensive or frustrated. He also didn't default into adapting himself in order to please me or keep the peace. He listened, he took me & my feelings seriously, and was able to respond in a way that went to the heart of the emotions involved (even if it wasn't specifically "doing" what I was pushing for or arguing for in my "case.")
    I could see that not "being perfect for each other" wouldn't be a problem because we had this flexible way of responding to conflict or an apparent impasse. I didn't worry about feeling disappointed in who or how he was in any situation, because I learned I could express disappointment or dissatisfaction & he would hear me, could tolerate the vulnerability, & connect!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 6:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Someone who accepts me for me even if the me that I am is sometimes not who he wants me to be, who accepts my children and will get involved in parenting but ultimately respect that the final decisions are mine. Someone who can make me laugh and be there where I need to cry. Honesty is a big thing for me - even one lie could prove to be too much (I'm not talking about hiding gifts or keeping date night a surprise). Physical chemistry and compatibility is important, though not more important than the rest. Someone who is good at communication, at talking things through - but also giving me some space to think things through before we talk, if I need that time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• a man who just does not get freakin' angry no matter what ! that in my opinion is an ideal man! lol
    in the real world, i am married to a man who does sometimes. but he's started becoming calmer over the years. on the other hand i have become the opposite! i was a very fun-loving, laid back and calm person. and now i have become more like his older version. impatient, irritated by small things, and having mood swings. i having 2 kids and trying to change my husband has done that to me...
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2013