Where do you hide the Christmas gifts? Also, do you keep any presents under the tree before Christmas?

I hide them in my bedroom closet which always has a plastic tote in front of it that is too heavy for the girls to move on their own. lol.

We do not put any presents under the tree until Christmas Eve night.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 10:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2013 in Holidays

• We put all our gifts to/from each other and to extended family under the tree. Santa gifts are wrapped and in my husbands closet where the kids never go!

Answer by missanc at 10:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• For hubby, I hid them at my mom's and he hid mine at his mom's ... well, except for the ring that he hid behind my seat in his work truck.

Our son's we hid in our room behind a locked door.

As for under the tree, gifts for the rest of the family would go there and much to my surprise, our son never tried to open them and neither did my furkids.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• This year they were hid in a locked trunk in the closet until I was able to get them wrapped and put under the tree. It's the first year I've felt they're both old enough to not mess with the presents.

In years past I used to just keep everything at my mom's.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• If I have gifts wrapped they go under the tree, but since at this point I do not in fact have anything wrapped, I am hiding gifts in the trunk of my husband's car and the garage.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• I hide them all over the place. Right now the gifts for my youngest two kiddos are in my oldest's closet in her suitcase. Some of the others are in the basement in a 'closet' where I store old clothes. Some gift cards are hidden in my desk, buried under piles and piles of shit that the kids won't bother looking through.

Because our cats enjoy unwrapping all the gifts, we don't put anything under the tree until everyone is asleep on Christmas Eve.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• Not from my children or grandchildren and some were always under the tree. We hide them from the dogs. The ones I have now are Boston terriers and it is very difficult to keep things intact under something like a Christmas tree.
    I thought D would be Ok but she took a bulb off the tree and they had a great time tearing it apart. I do not have glass bulbs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• I keep mine in my bedroom closet. D knows not to go in there. I got a tree for the first time this year. Hell yeah the wrapped presents are under there!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• lol kmath. I guess I just always assumed when I was little that all my relatives somehow got all their presents to Santa or Santa got them from my relatives and he was always the one who wrapped them and put them under our tree, so that's how we do it. If they open anything early from relatives or friends, I try to have them keep them under the tree while they aren't using them.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2013

• This is the first Christmas that I've had the gifts wrapped early so they're under our imaginary tree now. lol
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I also hide them in my bedroom closet. We usually wait until the last minute to buy presents, but they do get wrapped and put under the tree right after they are bought.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2013