Here's a new spin on the War on Christmas that's new to me....

so apparently now buying too many gifts for your children is the reason why Christ is being taken out of Christmas. because, you know, Jesus only received three gifts so why should any child be entitled to more than he was?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2013 in Religious Debate

• ANY reason for people to b*tch huh...

good grief. My kids get more than 3...but then we are atheist so...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Sigh. Why aren't these people so filled with gods love and joy that they can only spread that joy? Oh well maybe because they are spiritually empty and they don't know how to fix it. So sad.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I love how it's a war on Christmas, but it's ignored if we mention how Christmas was stolen from a Pagan festival. I guess theft is not as bad as war?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• That is ridiculous!

Answer by older at 9:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• What a load! Personally, I don't think it's about the gifts, but the commercialism of it all. However, those of us who believe & know the true meaning of the day, will not allow that aspect to deter us from its true meaning.  (reglardless of how many gifts we choose to give our children) And if I dare go one step further, we shouldn't be made to feel ostracized for saying "Merry Christmas." All religions/beliefs are supposed to feel welcome in this country.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• It's all about gifts and having fun in our house. Christ was never the reason for the season in our home :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• What's this war on Christmas you speak of? If you don't let it get to you, it won't. I hear nothing..... I enjoy and live my own life.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I've never looked at it like that. I do, however, see in my family the importance on keeping the emphasis on Christ and on giving, rather than the orgy of greed that sometimes seems part of the commercialization of the holidays.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Well...they sort of have a point. We have become a very materialistic society. However, that has nothing to do with Christ and Christmas.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2013

• We are a Christian family. My kids get more than 3 gifts and I've never had a problem with it. They know what/why we are celebrating and I've taught them to be grateful for what they have and receive.

Answer by missanc at 10:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2013