What di you get your LO's for Christmas?

DD6 is getting A barbie Car, 2 books, the Frozen sound track, 2 art kits, a wooden castle and a MLP stationary set
DS9 is getting a hotwheels wall track, more hotwheels track, a magnet kit, the Infinity for wii, a blanket, a Captainsparklez Tshirt and an extra infinity figure.
Together they are getting wreck it Ralph, an easy bake oven (black) and several refills for the oven.

We always say we are going to buy less next year and never really do... Though this year is smaller than last year by a good bit. It still feels like too much! I just get so excited and since we buy all year long it is hard to gauge it until you start wrapping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2013 in Holidays

• For our grandsons ages 1 and 2 we got them clothes, snow boots, the Planes dvds, cars, winter hats and gloves, books and a little candy.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• DS13 wanted all clothes so I got him a button down, hoodie, socks, pair of Nike tennis shoes, pair of vans, cologne, and a portable phone charger.
    DD9 got a suitcase, boots, winter coat, remote control Lamborgihni, board game, microphone and headset, CD, pair of tennis shoes.
    And they both have stockings full of goodies.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• DS12 is getting a 3DS, case, 3 games, alarm clock, pajamas, mp3 player, headphones, GC to GameStop, and a board game.

DS9 is getting a 3DS, case, 3 games, 2 boxes of legos, a lego organizer, remote control car, GC to GameStop, and pajamas.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• too much
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I don't even remember what all I got him. It is all wrapped and under the tree. Skylanders, legos, and books are the majority of it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• For my 3 yo dd we got a dollhouse plus lots of furniture and a sing around the Rosie doll for her big items. My 5 yo ds is getting a 3ds xl, a couple skylanders and a batcave plus some extra batman guys for his biggies. They both are getting lego sets, coloring books, nerf guns and other small items.
    My 12 yo dd is getting a iPhone 5c (free with our plan), a flatiron, and boots. My 13 yo ds is also getting an iPhone 5c (free), a couple skylanders and a remote controlled plane. My 16 yo ds is getting mostly clothes and gift cards to fast food places.

Answer by missanc at 1:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Not nearly enough. I'm putting off wrapping because I know I'm just going to cry. I work a full time job and even picked up a part time job just for the holidays in hopes of being able to give them enough. They each got a new pair of pajamas, a new toothbrush, a gift card for McDonald's. DD 17 also got a coupon good for 1 new outfit, DS 15 got a gift certificate to help pay for drivers ed, and DS 12 got a gift certificate for a video game of his choice.

In my defense, I'm a single mom, I don't get child support (because we have joint custody), and I'm paying $100 a month for his credit cards.

I'm hoping next year is at least a little bit better.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• DS is 6, we got him a remote control BMW(was on sale this summer for I think $6), A small lego kit and figure set, A larger though not huge lego kit, and some small toys for the stocking.

Then we bought gifts for his 3 cousins, nothing huge, one was clothes(as my brother and his wife do not want toys given for xmas), one was a teething ball, and one a small lego set.

My mother is getting him a gift certificate for scholastic books.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I didn't get a big gift for my five-year-old this year like a dollhouse or a play kitchen; the money just wasn't there. But I buy little things all year long as the sales come up. So she'll have a lot of small packages to open. Two Monster High dolls, two Lego Friends starter kits, a set of Teen Titans action figures from Santa Claus. From Mom and Dad she'll get a couple of different fuzzy posters to color, two dresses, some pajamas, a set of prince and princess Zhu Zhu hamsters, and a new winter hat. Plus she'll have a stocking full of hair accessories, candy, and little cupcake-shaped notepads to write on. She'll get fun gifts from aunts and uncles and others who love her, so Christmas will be wonderful, if a bit scaled back from prior years. My guess (or maybe my prayer) is, since she knows she's loved and cherished, she won't even notice that times are leaner. We'll see how the experiment goes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• DD4 - tinkerbell bathroom set, slippers, lalaloopsy doll, tea set, stamp set, my little pony gift pack, vreader games and a movie

DD1- rubber ducks, puffs, a blanket, little people, sippy cups
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2013