What would you do?

You are single. You meet this guy. You two hit it off. Things are going great. He acts like a normal guy. Normal job. About 6 months in. He asks you to marry him. WOW great! Then he tells you he is rich! How would you handle that?

Asked by louise2 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I would admire him for not flaunting his wealth and living like a regular joe. I would want to know his story and why he was living a double life, so to speak. I would be intrigued.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I don't know. I would be mad as hell that he lied to me for 6 months and was pretending to be somebody he wasn't.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• By 6 months I would know where he worked, what he drove and where he lived. All things a billionaire would have to lie about to pretend to be a normal person. I don't want to know what is in his bank account. I don't care how much money someone makes or has in their bank account (as long as they make enough that they aren't going to be mooching off of me), I do care that I know that person and they respect me enough to not lie to me. I don't need to see a bank account to get a feel for how someone lives. So yeah, I would be pissed he had lied to me for 6 months and pretended to be somebody he wasn't.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I'd feel like I just hit the jackpot! KA-CHING!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• LOL KTElite.

Not everyone who is Rich is going to drive some overpriced car, a humongous house and they could have a normal job. Depends on where their money came from. If he built and sold a company and then decided to keep working, if his family left him the money, if he won the lottery.

Not everyone lives lasciviously when they have a ton of money.

So it would all depend on the situation and there is not enough info here for me to say.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Was he pretending to be poor or just never came out ad said oh btw I have billions?
    I mean look at it from his perspective. When is he supposed to tell you he is rich? If he says it too soon, how is he supposed to know your feelings are authentic? And besides, how many other men have you date that have told you the amount in their bank account or expect you to tell them yours?

If he was pretending to be a poor bum refusing to take you out, or making you buy, then maybe you can be pissed, but it's only 6months in.
    CKel

Answer by CKel at 4:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I'm really not sure what I would do. I have a real issue with being lied to in any way behind hiding a gift or keeping a secret in that same line of thinking, so I'd be really pissed off that he lied to me. But I'd also have to wonder how I managed to date him for six months without ever realizing something wasn't right. So I'd be pissed at myself for not being more aware.

I can't honestly say if I'd stay or leave, though. It's a tough one. The lie wasn't something horrible like being married or a serial killer, so maybe I'd be able to ultimately forgive it. I don't know.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Id run, money scares me
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Depends- do I have to sign a Prenupt? lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• I'd want to know how a guy managed to be rich without me realizing it for 6 months.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2013