Alabama town outraged that the drag queens they invited to dance in their parade were drag queens

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/male-dance-group-sparks-controversy-at-parade

Outraged mother in the video says the town should have notified everyone there would be drag queens in the parade so they could choose to keep their kids at home.  So about that free speech?  And I wonder if she realizes it's legal for all 4 of those men to walk anywhere they want in drag in public, and they aren't required to notify her first.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I can imagine it's not for everyone, but the little bit I could see in the video was kinda cute. And I doubt if the kids in that town would have thought twice about it if the parents hadn't started such a fuss...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• It's telling to me that the most adult, respectful reaction came from the dancers themselves. They were invited. They performed. They said they would have been happy to step aside if they'd been asked to do so.

Interesting statement in the comments section about a woman who distracts her children when a regular float with young girls dancing suggestively goes by.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 6:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• The dancers handled themselves like adults. Many adults can't seem to do that. This whole world has gotten so touchy and whiny, it's pathetic.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Ballard is right. Everyone has become sensitive. Those ppl are fools.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 6:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• The dancers handled it very well, and with a level of maturity and professionalism that should be applauded.

I do wonder though...if they had been high school girls instead, would people have reacted negatively at all?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• Also, all that town has done is give those dancers a lot of free advertising. I'm sure the dancers will be quite busy in 2014.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2013

• LOL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Our little bitty town has a lighted Christmas Parade that every youth group around participates in. I have to say Miss Rhonda's School of Dance girls are more suggestive than these guys and they are only 6-12, and they won top float this year.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Personally they looked pretty good dancing. I've seen a whole lot worse out of cheerleaders, girl dance troops, etc. Many of them are almost obscene. I think that the suggestion from the mom in the video that they should have told everyone that the group was going to be there was funny. Next she'll want to be notified if a church group she doesn't agree with is in it. Or how about the parent who has a child allergic to animals? Perhaps they should be notified that there will be horses/dogs there. Or the kid that's scared of clowns? You can't please everyone. If they don't like it then have your kids turn their heads during that time.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2013