Best Memories you have of your childhood, child(ren) or family members friends?

~ when I was about 7 my stepdad ( dad) came into my mom and brothers life. He used to bring his guitar out and sit on the ottoman and play for me. Wish you were here, Beatles, Neil young. etc. Up into my teenage years! Made my love for music grow and grow. ( they have been divorced for 5 yrs. Now) . When I married my ex husband . I wanted my dad there to sit and play for me but the friction between my parents was on an all time high so he was unable to come. But I can still see him playing and singing. He played for my daughter to. He played an important role in my life.. You would of never known he was a probation officer.

~ my daughter when she was two and my ( stepdad) are thick as thieves and he would put her in his big dodge ram on the console in the driveway and play here comes the sun by the Beatles her favorite song. I would sit and watch them.. And smile.... Listen to her little tiny voice singing at the top of her lungs word for word... And when it was over she would go pay it again papa , pay it again... She is his world......

Gypsyd

Asked by Gypsyd at 11:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• That's awesome. You never know what impact you'll have on someone's life, or how someone will touch you.

I don't have a lot of good memories of my mom, but the best one I have is one summer, we were on vacation in a mountain town, and she taught me how to fly a kite. I remember her standing behind me and showing me how to let the string out fast as the wind took the kite up and up. The kite got away from us, and I started to be sad, and she was like, no, it's cool! It's flying way up, getting smaller and smaller, that kite is where it's supposed to be! It's the only memory I can think of that's good all the way through with her, from beginning to end, with no anger or disappointment in it anywhere.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• That's awesome ballad. I try and write them down for my daughter every chance I get!

~ when I came back home pregnant with my daughter . Her donor never ever was there. I came to peace with it.  My moms best friend came in and was so excited, as my family was. She set up and threw one of my baby showers.  One of the things she had did had everyone take a note card and write my daughter up to the age of 20. For her to read. As she grew older. It was amazing... My moms best friend passed away by her own hand when my daughter was 2!

Gypsyd

Comment by Gypsyd (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Just being with my family. Holidays, reunions, and growing up with my cousins. I live 3000 miles away now so I don't get that anymore.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Those sound like special memories for sure!

We spent a lot of time at my dad's partner's house (they were in medical practice together). I remember one fun time they threw a party and being a good Greek family, put a pig on the spit and roasted it. I recall sitting in a tree, stringing cherry blossoms by myself. This stands out because I remember loving being up in the tree and watching everyone running around, eating, dancing, listening to music. It was a celebration. That is one of many. I had a happy childhood, for which I am so grateful.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• My dad died when I was 12. The fondest memory of him was when I was 5 or 6, and when he would come home from work, I would cuddle in his lap. My fondest mom memory was when my now ex left me, she really stepped up and gave me the emotional support I needed.  As some of you know, this was very unusual for her. I have always appreciated her help through that time. My fondest kid memory. My DD, when she decided to become a social worker to help people in need. She is the most compassionate person I have ever met. My DS, when he won a young artist award at 15. He won $1,000, and got the play a solo with the symphony.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I have many fond memories from my childhood. Those I hold dear are the times spent w/ my grandparents. Don't get me wrong, my parents were/are wonderful people. But being the only grandchild for 12 years, I got my grandparents' undivided attention & oodles of their time. :) Since their passing 4 years ago, I still think about them often, esp. at this time of year. They would deck out their house in every room. I always told them they could charge admission! :) I have some of my favorite decorations from them that I can proudly display in my house at Christmas. While I could never outdo them when it comes to decorating for Christmas (I wouldn't even try), I feel like a part of them is here w/ me.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• The only true happy memory I have of my family,is when we would put on records and dance and sing to the songs.

I've tried very hard to make every single day of my son's life to be filled with laughter and happiness. I don't want him to look back and have memories filled with pain like I do.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2013