You & Santa adult content

I'm making this as inappropriate just in case! We don't want to spoil Santa for our kids, right?

Anyway, how do you feel about playing Santa?

I've realized as my 5 year old gets older, I really do love it. It's sort of exciting, trying to be all quiet and sneaky and not get caught! We live in a small apartment and my son's room is right on the other side of the wall from the living room. I have to KNOW he's asleep before I can pull out all the goodies! Staying up is pretty difficult for me - he usually takes forEVER to fall asleep, and most of the time I'm in bed before that happens... so staying up later is a challenge! It definitely pays off in the morning, though, when he's all excited! Luckily he's a pretty sound sleeper once he is asleep, so if I do make noise we're fine. I think this year I'll turn on a movie to (hopefully) block any sounds I might make!

Once he woke up at about 1:30 in the morning (he was almost 3 at the time) and helped himself to his gifts because he'd heard Santa's reindeer on the roof, he said. I have no idea what he had heard, because I was definitely in bed at the time!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2013 in Holidays

• I hate playing Santa because my kids will fight bed until 4 am and wake up at 5:15 lol... Christmas Day for me is the longest day or the year.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Eh, those days are long gone. No more lack of sleep for me! It's my daughter's turn.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Me too. I loved it for the most part but those days are gone.
    The part I disliked was the last minute trying to get the whats a ma doodle assembledlol
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I love it all. I actually have a Christmas room that as I buy the presents I can wrap and put them back. The last week or two is spent baking cookies and doing other fun stuff.

Christmas day my dh sits with screwdrivers, wire cutters, etc right beside him so he can get everything out of the packages for them.

Merry Christmas!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I love doing it. I'm not sure when I'll stop. I know DS12 already doesn't believe, and I know DS9 doesn't, although he refuses to admit it to me. I'll still be doing it even after they both fully admit to not believing in Santa just because it's fun putting out gifts they haven't seen yet, and I enjoy finding pretty paper that's different from anything else under the tree.

A few days ago my 9 year old confidentially told my mom that he's only pretending to believe at this point because he knows it makes me happy. What led him to this conclusion... I have no clue. If anything I've been trying to hint out how he sees the truth of it all because I'm worried about him returning to public school and being crushed when the other kids tease him for believing in Santa. I think it's sweet he's concerned about my feelings, though... and at least that worry is no longer needed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Hey, Ginger, I totally get that! This is our first Christmas having two cats, and they're both getting presents from Santa (yep, I'm THAT person) and my fiance gets Santa presents too. :)
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I love it. It's one of the most magical things about Christmas now, as a grown-up. My boyfriend's daughter is 22, engaged to a Marine, and a conservative Christian, She's all on the fence about whether she wants to do Santa with her future children. I told her that as a kid I could have lived without it, but as an adult, doing it for my kiddo, I wouldn't miss the thrill for anything!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I like it, it's fun. My kids have always been good sleepers so the 7 yr old goes to bed at 830-9 and is for sure asleep before 10 so I am not up too late getting things together. The 1yr old doesn't have a concept of Santa yet so he's no problem.
    I do wait until Christmas eve to wrap Santa's presents though, I don't want him to accidentally find them already wrapped.
    CKel

Answer by CKel at 1:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• No problem here. We let them fall asleep on the couch. We tell them to stay up as long as you want but Santa doesn't come until your asleep. Then they usually fall asleep by 9:30. We carry them up to bed & close their doors to put out the gifts. I told my Son if you wake up & get out of bed before the sun comes up then Santa may not have come yet & he can't if you're awake. Has worked so far!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2013