My BIL passed away.

He suffered for 5 months with liver failure. He died at home with my Sister by his bed & a Priest that happened to stop by. I'm numb. His burial will be delayed because of Christmas. I want to sign his memory book online provided by the funeral home but I can't find the words to express how I feel. Can you help me come up with something nice to say from my DH, me & the kids?

Thanks.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 3:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• Actually... anything you write will be perfect. I know when my dad died that each one of those messages left on the online guest book was like a hug from him. It is important for his kids and wife to see how much he lived.

Hugs! I am sorry for your loss.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Do you have any stories about him that you can share? I good memory can mean more than all the "I'm so sorry"s and "I'm praying for you"s in the world.

The ONE thing I actually remember from my dad's memory book was a story I hadn't heard before, from one of my cousins. He wrote about how Dad visited their house one day after school and found there was no food in the icebox, so dad went and bought food for them. He was still in high school and working as a pressman in a laundry part time, but helping his sister and her family was more important than anything else he could have done with his earnings.

What was special about your BIL and your family's life with him? Share it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• That is perfect ILovemyPaulie!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I'm so sorry for your families loss.
    I would just share how much he meant to your entire family.
    * hugs*
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• So sorry. :(
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I think that sounds perfect. So sorry...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Give them your condolences and express your hurt over this, and say a few things about BIL.....speak from the heart..I am so sorry!

Answer by older at 3:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I agree a good story is a good idea. I think if my dh passed I'd rather see stories than anything else. I'm sorry for you loss.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• I don't think it sounds silly at all. It sounds sincere and from the heart. I'm sorry for your family's loss.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2013