Something you do and regret later?

i'm going anon because i know i'll be bashed! lol

so anyways i was out grocery shopping in the morning for tonight's dinner. woke up early so I could come back before DH left for work, that way i didn't have to haul my 3 year old and 5 year old with me. crazy shoppers everywhere and i myself was in a hurry to get it done and head home
anyways i had this stupid redbox dvd which i had to return 3 days ago and i kept forgetting. it was costing me everyday. there's a redbox in my grocery store so i thought i'd return it today. i go in and see a long line infront of the redbox machine. i think i'll finish up my shopping first and then return the movie on my way out.
i'm rushing through shopping to get everything done because i'm getting texts from DH to hurry home as he's getting late already. on my way out i see the line infront of the redbox gone and a lady in her mid 40's with possibly her daughter 8-ish browsing through movies. the took good 10-12 mins. her daughter was taking literally 5 mins selecting a movie, reading it's reviews, selecting to rent it, and then changing her mind and deleting it from the shopping cart! urghhh!! i'm debating weather i should go home and get another fine for today... so instead i ask them politely, " ma'am? i just have to return one dvd..do you mind if i just pop that in and you can go on with your renting? i'll be quick"
i've had people ask me this atleast 10 times before when i'm going through movies if they can return and i let them. no biggie right? maybe i want that movie..
so she turns around and gives me a dirty look "or..you can wait when we're done renting!!"
i'm a little taken aback. but i don't say anything and mumble an apology. she takes another 5-8 mins purpose. i am on the verge of storming out but i don't want to give her the satisfaction.
after finishing up she looked at me pointedly and said, "i'm sure someone waited for you sometime when you took your time"
that pissed me off a little bit and i replied back "i try to hurry up when someone's waiting"
she said, "well patience is a virtue"
i just said "whatever " and went back to returning my movies and ignored to whatever she was saying next. she kept talking angrily as she walked away with her daughter.
when i told my mom over the phone she said i was at fault. my husband agreed with her too. i did feel bad later..
so that's my christmas eve bloop for today!!! lol
any holiday frustration story that you want to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2013 in Holidays

• Can't hurt to ask right? I've let people ahead of me at the store. I've even given up my cart when I had just a couple of things & saw someone struggling w/ their arms full. She could've been nicer about it. Esp. since her child was with her. What a wasted teachable moment. I guess you chalk it up to people being a bit on edge right now & forget about it. Enjoy your holiday :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2013

• Psh, if someone bashes you, they're a Grinch. And so is that woman! What's the big deal about letting you quickly return your movie? I would been pretty pissed and said some choice words to her!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2013

• It's not your fault. She was just very rude.

There was no call for her to act that way. You weren't asking her to let you rent before she did. Lovely manners she's instilling in her daughter.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2013

• You did nothing wrong in asking her politely. She did nothing wrong by wanting to finish up. But she was rude to prolong it and then to comment further. Pat yourself on the back for being a polite person and let it go. My regrets.....telling my feelings to someone who I thought cared about me and would offer some guidance......not so. I won't do that again!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2013

• You didn't do anything wrong.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2013

• I would have let you go ahead of me. Some people are just rude.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2013

• Your dh and mom are partly right, in that we should all wait our turn... However, you didn't barge in or say something rude or snide. You politely asked. There is nothing wrong with asking politely. They said no. They could have chosen to say that politely too. They didn't so that's on them. Then purposely taking more time just bc someone is waiting is a real dip shit thing to do. No worries tho, you were fine and that's all you are responsible for.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2013

• I would have let you slip in ahead of me,I'm nice like that
    I do the same for people who only have a few items in line at the store

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2013

• Some people are just crabby and irritable this time of year....Everything went perfect this year. No encounters with rude people. Got all shopping, baking, etc done smoothly. Plans are all set for tonight and tomorrow. My only frustration is that I have cramps today and aunt flo is coming for Christmas. I was hoping she'd come right after Christmas. But she's on her way as we speak.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2013

• eye rollingreally?!!! my mom and hubby were actually making me feel bad about not being patient!!! they were like, rush or no rush, you should wait patiently! because she was there first and i should wait quietly for my turn

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2013