Getting back to basics

I am in direct sales and have been with this company for almost a year and have been having trouble getting parties booked. I have decided to get back to basics. I asked my family and friends to book parties and no one wants to book one. I don't have room where I live to have a party of my own. Are there any tips to help me get back on track?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2013 in Money & Work

• Neighbors? Get creative. When I was selling Beauty Control, back in the day, I had a friend that owned a day spa... she let me do an open house with her....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:08 AM on Dec. 25, 2013

• If the business depends on booking parties and you can't get anyone to book one, it may be time to find another business. I don't mean to sound harsh, but a year is a long time to go. I like m-avi's idea of trying to book with a salon or day spa.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2013

• ^^ THIS ^^
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2013

• PartyGalAnne, I have seen you comment on other people's posts, do you have any tips?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Nope. You can make excuses, or you can make money. You can't do both.
    You should have a sponsor or a corporate advocate who can help you, or direct you to their training resources.
    Maybe you're just not cut out for sales.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Look for women's expos. Maybe check into moms club or MOPS.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2013