What would you do for them?

I won't be here to see my sk's they will be coming over this weekend and this weekend I will be out of town visiting my parents.

They are dd21 & ds19 they are really good people they come visit their dad when they can.
It is going to seem weird bc I am not here (for them I guess) or maybe not...lol but I'm the one Who is in the kitchen and doing just about everything for everyone here (we have 2 kids too...ds12 & dd10) I am sure my dh will do his best.
I guess I'm just feeling bad bc I won't see them this time around. (Due to their schedules) they live an hour away and live with their mom.

I feel like I should leave something (well they will be getting their Christmas gifts) but a piece of me thinking of them :)

Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• They are grown adults. I think they can deal without you. Not like they are kids.

Answer by louise2 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I think it's wonderful that you want to do something since you won't be there. You could make special food and leave it in the fridge for them, or buy a board game and snacks for them to share with their dad. Maybe leave a gift certificate for the three of them to go to their favorite restaurant while you're not there?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I think ohwrite has some great ideas. Maybe you could spare a few minutes to call home when they're there so you can at least talk to them for a few minutes, to personally wish them a Merry Christmas.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Maybe make them some cookies or fill stockings with goodies for them, leave them little personal notes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• The ideas so far are really good. Or you could leave them a special Christmas card with a personal note written in it with some homemade cookies or candies.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I'm sure if you do any of the above suggestions or one of your own it will be so appreciated. It's nice to hear from a step-mom who loves her adult step kids. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I'd leave them each a plate of cookies with a little card wishing them Merry Christmas and telling them you wish you could be there. I think it's sweet that you want to do something for them.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Yeah, any little thing will be appreciated!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:53 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• A heartfelt note might be just the right thing.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Why not write them a personal not?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2013