My MIL and SIL are pretty heartless

I had posted that we no longer associate with them,for the way they treat my son. My BIL just called my DH. he said that their mom called him and asked him and his wife and their 2 kids to come over this morning. When they got there,his kids got to watch their cousins open their gifts which included laptops,an Xbox 1,a new tv,and clothes.My MIL didn't get anything for my BIL's kids. Why would you invite them over and not get the kids anything? Does she get off on watching the kids get their feelings hurt?
There wasn't even any food or anything,so it wasn't like a gathering. Just everyone watching the kids open their hundreds of dollars of gifts.
This is the shit she pulled on my kid years ago.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2013 in Holidays

• You know when I first read this I thought how unusual and down right mean.

My grandmother, whom I never met, was reported to have serious favorites but not to this extent. She did not want any of her children to be close to each other. My mother was the same but not like this.
    I just heard the other day that my SIL's mother went through the same thing. They were supposed to come and watch while the others got a mound of gifts. They were each given a coloring book or something similar.

Her reaction to all of this is to overgift . She can not(literally) bear the thought of any of the children grand children , nieces, nephews etc. to ever feel the way that she and he sibs and cousins were made to fee.
    That is another good reason to make your own traditions and pull in the others of your clan who feel similarly.
    Hugs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• It sounds as though BIL's famaily will opt out from now on too. Maybe your two families can hold a nice family celebration alone.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I think the term "cuntly twatwaffle" applies here....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Who the hell does that!?!?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• hear you! this was done to my kids by hubby's family for over 20 years...until one day I exploded and told them off.....it is so wrong!!! kids do not understand the why behind it.....but it sure made my blood boil.

Answer by older at 12:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Is she just a cruel sadistic bitch or what?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Being mean to kids on Christmas is supremely low. She'll get hers someday. You can't be that horrible and escape some terrible consequence or other.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• That's horrible. I don't see the point in doing something like that. It's mean-spirited, plain & simple.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Make Christmas a gathering for you and your BIL's family. Your MIL is DEAD to you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Wow... I'm speechless. What a fucking bitch! Who does shit like that?! I really hope they never go over there again. I think it's be cool to have a celebration with your two families, and make sure MIL knows all about it afterwards and how she was not invited and never will be invited to your celebrations.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2013