Bf took the kids to his ex's families house for xmas....

Let me explain this a little better. My bf and I have a child together. He also has a child with his ex, in which he has full custody. His ex came over this morning to watch the kids open presents from santa, then left. Originally my bf was supposed to take his daughter to his ex's aunts house later on because his ex wasn't going to go. But then she changed her mind and decided to go afterall. But my bf still took his daughter there regardless, because his ex didn't want to drive back out here to pick her up. They only went for an hour or two but that's besides the point. It kind of feels like his ex is conning him into spending xmas with her. I'm just upset about it. I don't feel he should go out of his way for her ya know? If she wants to see her daughter that's her responsibility. Plus i know she still has feelings for him so it just makes it worse. What do you guys think? Am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• I think it sounds like high school drama.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• you say that oringially, he was going to take her anyway so...
    it was only for an hour or two- let it go

seems petty
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• You're over reacting a little. It was only for a few hours, not half the day. If it was longer I'd say you're not over reacting and to be upset with him but don't be upset with him. No big deal.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• He was going regardless of her going, right.

Answer by louise2 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• The ex will be in the picture for a long time to come.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I think you're being petty and looking for drama.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Petty...this is a life long commitment, unfortunately you'll have to deal with this as long as the two of you are together.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 4:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• You're overreacting. It sounds wonderful that he's making an effort to have his child spend time with her mother's family.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Too petty for one day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I don't know, I think if she decided to go, he could have dropped his the child off for her as a favor so she didn't have to come and get her, and then she should have brought the child back. It does seem like a manipulative trick to try to get time with him. They do have to make decisions together for their child, but spending time with her on Christmas day? It was kind to let her come and open Christmas with your family.

I understand your hurt, and would probably feel the same way.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2013