What's the funniest thing that happened at your celebration today?

Anything amusing?

At our house DD dug into the bottom of her stocking and found a squeezy santa ball that got tangled up and left there from last year! I thought there was something squishy down there, but at midnight when I filled the stockings I just ignored it. LOL!

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 3:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2013 in Holidays

• yesterday was wrapping gifts in my upstairs bedroom
    had to pee, and the door would not open
    old doors, old house
    i pounded on door for five minutes, yelling help
    nothing from family downstairs
    went to my cell, to call the landline, it was dead
    pounded some more...nothing
    tried to take door off hinges, finally got them off, but it did not help door come off
    pounded more, yelled help me
    contemplated how much longer before i peed in the vicks vaporizer
    pounded on floor with my shoe in S.O.S code
    yelled under door, help me PLEASE
    heard my mother tell my daughter " go tell your mother, if she is going to continue to make all that racket, she needs to do it in the basement
    daughter comes up, and i tell her " tell grandma that i would love to go to the basement, but i am locked in this room"
    daughter (6) asks if this is a fire department problem (lol)- she really wants to call 911
    i say "NO", just get s
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• my 5 year old come running to me with pie all over his face saying the baby got the pie. The baby comes back in the living room with two hands full and a mouth full of pie lol smiles as big as he could. When i go to the kitchen there is pie all over the floor. the baby just starts eating it off the floor laughing.

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Santa gave my 6 year old son the exact same pair of shoes he has at school for gym. = /
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 4:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• ...
    daughter tries door, i say no , because i am afraid the knob is going to fall off
    she goes downstairs to tell family that i am locked in my room
    daughter comes back up with no family adult member
    she turns knob and it opens
    !!!
    i run to the bathroom
    then go down and tell family that i have been pounding for 40 minutes
    all are laughing their heads off
    my mother even tells me that she was very annoyed at me for making so much noise
    and kept telling my daughter NOT to go upstairs

sure, it is all funny, until i am forced to pee in the vaporizer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• My BFF was telling stories about our silly high school escapades to my DF and he was getting a kick out of it. She told of the time we drove through a college fraternity party at the local university. Cars weren't allowed there. We drove through the lawn. That was a big deal to 2 high school girls back then.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• All the tape and boxes within boxes I used to wrap the kids' gifts. I even put gifts cards in shirt boxes. They were so annoyed, but were laughing at it too. My kids are tweens and teens, so I was trying to make it more fun.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Yeah, I can't top fiatpax for sure.

Funniest thing for us is my kids each got an mp3 player, and when they have the earbuds in, they shout at us. I keep telling them they don't have to shout since we're not wearing earbuds, they insist they aren't shouting, I insist they are, they take earbuds out and (in a normal voice) continue to insist they aren't shouting. LOL My mom and I were dying because we argued with my oldest about this for like 5 minutes.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• LOL Paxy!

I am sick. Had no celebrations. Stayed home as not to infect dozens of relatives (Also thinking Kyle has Strep on top of mono, so I might have that!)

But hubby came home and baked me brownies which was a great pick me up (can't taste them :( but the thought that counts).
    Mid chewing brownie, I had to sneeze. Had to make a spur of the moment choice- spray brownie everywhere, choke, or pee my pants.
    I Peed.
    Unlike Paxy, there was no vaporizer nearby. I was however sitting on Kyle's comforter. It's in the wash now.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• LOL Paxi & PGA!!

I can't decide which was funnier- if it was the "gift" our dog gave me this morning.... As she was trying to make it to the backdoor, she dropped a couple of "presents" on my kitchen floor. Then came in & unwrapped her own present, which to us is just stinking adorable. :)

Then we had the usual family banter at my dad's house, with my 11 y/o being old enough to get in her zingers now. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Paxy wins, hands down. The funniest thing that happened at our house was that my daughter got a bunch of new Zhu Zhu hamsters, and somehow all of them managed to tag team the poor cat. The real live one. They finally sent him running off up the stairs in search of peace.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2013