How would you deal with this part 2..

I put up the question how would you deal with this regarding my family. Synopsis... I wasn't able to go to California for Thanksgiving and my sisters wedding because I couldn't afford to go, take off work and I wasn't willing to take a handout from her now husband. So since my family got back communication has been zero. I play words with friends with my dad and he's just talked small talk with me. My step-mom hasn't said a word. In fact the first thing she said to me was if my son had a christmas list. No hello or how are you. So Today is Christmas. My dad yesterday said Merry Christmas, love to you and my son. My step-mom said nothing. Then my son didn't want to talk to anyone today, his choice so he texted. Then my step-mom called and I handed the phone to my son. They always want to talk to him anyways. I figured I'd talk to them after he got to. Nope. My son came back into the room and they were off the phone. The only thing my son said was my dad said kiss me for him. My step-mom still said nothing. I never got a Merry Christmas from her at all. My parents are acting like such children. So I couldn't afford to go to cali and I wouldn't take a hand out so they ignore me? Has this happened to anyone else? I am so numb on all this. I need to move one but does anyone have an idea on how to do that? I listen to Joel Osteen a lot. He said sometimes you have to love people from a far. I think he's right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• They will get over it. Live your life and don;t worry about them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• If you're the same one that I think you are, then I don't blame your family, at all, for blowing you off. You didn't go to your sister's wedding out of stubborn pride. YOU called it a handout, but everyone else, INCLUDING your family, saw it as helping someone get to a family member's wedding.

This is a situation that could have easily been avoided, if you'd not been such a bitch about your sister's wedding. By not going, you told your family that they are not important to you, and now they're honoring your wishes/request.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Another side to the story, figures!!!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• Aren't Holidays a bitch! I swear, every family has someone that loves to put a damper on your feelings. You need to just ignore her, let it go and live your life and be happy. Because, nothing you do will change her attitude.
    Do not show her you're hurt, or she wins.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I'd have to hear more details to comment. If you blew off your sisters wedding that's bad. But your parents still shouldn't be ignoring you. That's childish. Tomorrow Christmas will be over and you'll probably move on.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2013

• I have to agree with Rosehawk. Your sister told you the only thing she wanted was for you to be there to share the day with her and they would pay your expenses for the pleasure of having you there to share their joy.
    This was not anything but your pride.

You made it clear that family does not matter and they are respecting your wishes.

You HURT your family.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2013