Have you lost "friends" on FB for voicing your opinion on the duck guy?

Apparantly i lost some friends bc i statedt hat he has lost the ability to love all people equally and was too busy judging. And that if he truly was a christian, that love one another would be his first response to anyone different than himself.
Ive since been defriended lol. Wow!
Anyone else?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Maybe.I never looked. I had posted a "PSA" stating my (lack) of religious beliefs,and my stance on believing that I do not judge on color of skin or who you have sex with,that I believe we all deserve love and respect. I said if you couldn't respect that,feel free to unfriend me. I never checked to see if any actually did.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• On facebook, I'm only friends with people I know in my real life, and family, so if I lost any over voicing my opinions, they probably wouldn't have been friends with me in real life. I don't get very political online though.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I have not made any posts or comments about him on FB. I just don't care THAT much.
    he said what he believes. right or wrong.
    he did not say to go kill them all or they should burn in Hell or anything...so I don't see the big hairy deal honestly.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Nope, but I popped some popcorn for my cousin going off, I'm betting he did. He's super extra-crispy born again, but the liberal kind. He went off twice about what horrible Christians people were for agreeing with a racist bigot. I asked, very politely, without pointing fingers, if anyone on his feed (implying there are more Christians on his feed - he married a preacher's kid) had addressed any of the racist comments, or if they'd all stopped reading after they got to the word homosexual. I don't think he'd noticed until I asked, because he went off on another rant about horrible hateful Christians.

Guessing his list got a lot shorter after that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• he did not say to go kill them all or they should burn in Hell or anything.

Nope, he just said my black niece would be happier if she was never allowed in the same swimming pool as her white cousins, and that the Japanese are murderers because they don't have Jesus.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• He also said gays are full of murder and are heartless and evil. Kind of a big deal in my book. My sister is hardly any of those things.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

****
    I have not seen or heard that he said that- if he did, that makes him more of an ass

*I never said what he said is okay...I don't like it, but I'm not gonna get into it with friends on FB over it other than to say he's a jerk or something
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:02 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• i haven't, but i found out how polar opposite i stand on the issue with a couple of my friends. my parents and i are on opposite ends of the spectrum as well but that didn't surprise me lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

*****

Never denied that he is a jerk. I have never watched the show, and only going on what I've heard or read about this interview. I don't like or agree with what he said at all, but it didn't seem to me that he was out to harm anyone...just that he is a man who believes what he believes and answered the questions he was asked based on those. Luckily, most people don't feel the same and we have come a long way from when they did- he seems ...stuck. It's not like I am going to change his mind. His opinions are awful, but sadly, there ARE still people who feel like he does
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• The only reason we've come a long way is because of the people who had the guts to say something in opposition and fight against people who think that very way.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2013