Resolutions? Do you make them?

I made one many, many years ago to never make another one and I have stuck to it ... until this year (well, 2014) ... I have decided to make one this year. 

I resolve to clear out our late son's room (it's been 5 years) and MIL's room (only a year but I think we should both rooms at the same time) so that we can make the house ours (we want to create a master suite) and then no more resolutions again. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 11:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Holidays

• I do not. I have daily goals and weekly goals (I never go further than that. Life is too fluid.
    My main goal for my whole life is to be just a little bit better each day. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, miserably. But that is just life.

I wish you luck on your goal and I have a possitive feeling that you will succeed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Some years I do, some years I don't.

The ones I've had the most luck with making have been financial and how I cook. I made a resolution a few years back to make more of an effort to serve meatless meals occasionally (at least 2x a week), and I've stuck to it like glue.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Not usually. This year I may make some, but like a birthday wish I will keep it to myself and see how it goes. I may write it down in a journal and then record my progress along the way and see how it ends up. Now I just have to make decisions about what I want my resolutions to be.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Not usually. Some promises are harder to keep than others. I like Quinn's idea of keeping it to myself & see where it goes.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Not usually. I think I need to this year. I'm thinking of writing up a list of "rules to live by" and getting my husband on board. We just both need a change and hoping this will provide a good, fresh start.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I never have before but this year I am going to do the 52 week challenge where you save $1 per week ($1 the 1st week, $2 the 2nd week, $3 the 3rd week, etc) to donate at Christmas next year. Not sure if that's a resolution or just a plan.

Answer by missanc at 1:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• my only one is to keep working out and get more weights in this coming year

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2013

• yes.

in 2012 it was to quit smoking, haven't touched a cigarette since.

this year it was to lose weight, lost 30 pounds. could have done better but it's a start lol and i did successfully incoporate exercise and a healthy diet into my daily routine.

im not sure what my personal rez for 2014 will be yet.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I make resolutions throughout the year as needed rather than wait for new years. There is no magical reason why you will keep a new years resolution on Jan 1 as opposed to other days throughout the year.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Not officially, no. A year is a lot to bite off. I try to take a day at a time. I resolved to lose fifty pounds, though, for my health, and I've managed to lose forty. So I'm pretty happy about that. Ten more to go!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2013