WWYD

What would you do if you had a child by one man, got remarried, had a child with your new husband, your new husband joined the army and got stationed 1,500 miles away but your 1st child's father got a custody agreement saying you can't take the child and move out of state?

Would you move and give full custody to your ex (provided he's a good/decent dad but still, you'd only see your child a few times a year)?

Would you let your new husband leave/move without you while you raise the child you had with him alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• That's a tough decision. Is there any way to modify the agreement so you don't have to choose between mothering one or both of your children?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Well I assume he won't be away forever, if the custody arrangement was in place before you made the other baby with the new husband, this would have been something to consider.
    I would not leave one child for another, I think your new husband serves out his time, and then requests to be stationed closer to his family when it is over.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I'd get a lawyer, you may be able to get that modified since the government decides where your husband is stationed, but I would stay in the state with your child. I wouldn't give up custody of my child.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I'd let hubby go off to do his service and keep the home fires burning. I would NOT leave.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• You didn't know about this custody agreement before you met and married and had a child by this other man?
    That is all up to what you want to do. Which one is more important to you? Your oldest child? Or your new husband?

Answer by louise2 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Geez Louise (haha) wasn't going to mention it but it is NOT my situation. Consider it hypothetical. But no, I don't believe the custody agreement was set prior to the new husband getting stationed elsewhere. Ex found out and threw a fit and fought to keep the child in the state.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I would stay.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Does this women really think the oldest child will understand her/his moms running off with another man and leaving her/him with dad? NO!

Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• If its hypothetical why are you so concerned with this scenario? Need more info.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• could not give up one child for another and a new husband
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2013