PISSED off about this! (venting but advice welcome)

so my 3 & 5 year olds spent Christmas with their dad as per the court agreement. they were there from Sunday-Wednesday at noon.

there are 3 adults living in my ex's mom's house, his mom, him, and his sister. so there are 3 adults there.

then tell my why my 3 year old came home reeking of urine?

ex MIL put the two of them and her other 6 yr old granddaughter (ex SIL's daughter) in matching pajamas on Xmas Eve and they slept in them. i know this because my 3 year old has been daytime potty trained since she was 2, and she'll be 4 in January. however, she wets the bed every night, and this is something that they ARE aware of.

so she went all night, all Christmas morning (around several adults, grandmas, uncles, aunts, etc) and NOBODY smelled the pee but i could smell it as soon as i opened ex mil's car door when she brought them home? i know she sat on someone's lap, gave hugs, etc. SOMEBODY had to fucking smell it so why did my baby have to walk around in piss soaked clothes? by the time they were brought home at noon it was obviously dry and had an even stronger odor.

i didn't say anything because i just got them back and was ready to do my Christmas with them, and i didn't really know for sure until i got them out of the pajamas and into the dresses i had for them. and what would saying anything have accomplished anyway? it was already done and over with and i KNOW somebody had to know about it. when my niece was a toddler she would walk around in diapers sagging down to her knees! they're so lazy!

but what bothers me even more is that my 3 year old probably peed in her bed over there Sunday night already and probably had to sleep in the same sheets until Tuesday night! she pees EVERY night, doesn't matter what you do or don't do it's a hereditary thing that she has to grow out of. here at home i just deal with the laundry because she hates wearing a pull up. but they obviously don't put pull ups on her....

i should probably record this shouldn't i? it has to be some form of neglect. normally they only spend 1 night every other weekend over there (suppose to be 3 nights but they only want them 1) but come spring break and summer they'll have to spend weeks at a time over there...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes, record it. They should be ashamed for letting her sleep like that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Poor kid...it seems wise to record it. My 4 yr old still wets the bed sometimes too, and he wakes me up in the middle of the night if he does. He won't sleep in it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Ugh! That's horrible! Yes, those people are lazy & bordering on neglectful if you ask me. The poor thing. That had to be so uncomfortable for her. Please document everything & the next time he wants her for an overnight, be sure to address this. Tell him if it happens again, you will be in touch w/ your lawyer. So sorry you have to deal with this kind of crap. :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Absolutely you record it. And present it to the court ASAP. No more overnights with them!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Yes, I would. And if there's even a hint of a rash from having sat in it so long, I would take pictures as proof. I'd also get a note from the doctor indicating it happens every single night so that they can't claim she only did it the one night.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Record it but you are probably going to have to start teaching her how to wash herself off with a wet wipe or washcloth, and change her clothes. Then maybe send some old dry towels she could spread out over her wet sheet so she doesn't have to sleep right on the pee. Maybe her sister could help her with this??? It's a crappy way to have to deal with it, but it might be the best option since the other alternative is a pee soaked kid... Sorry. I hate neglegent parents and grandparents...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Yuck. Record it. But then, and I may be the odd woman out for saying this, take a deep breath, scrub the kid off, and try to put it behind you. It sucks rocks, but it's not going to do either of you any good to stew and steam about it any further. Enjoy the holiday season ahead of you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I would ask the child if they put night pull up on her. Ask her if they changed the sheets on the bed and gave her a bath every morning. I would document every thing.

Answer by louise2 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Yes record it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Always Document everything b/c you never know when or why you will need the info. Its better to be safe than sorry. Check for a rash andask her if she slept in pee. II'd mention it to him too and ask him how he handles her wetting the bed since he is aware of the problem. See what he says and tell him how it needs to be handled, otherwise it is considered neglect and you will have to act on this. Threaten legal action and he will get the message.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2013