Ugh.tired of being sick and tired

I'm am drained. Emotionally, physically, and mentally.

No friends. No family. No boyfriend, so I can't just go out and get a break. Not to mention, money is kind of tight right now.

I have a two year old son. I must say, he wears me out! He does not listen to me. I have to spank him, or get up and scare him. He whines all day! He can't sit still and watch tv for 30 minutes. He has to be up running around, being destructive. I got him a bunch of new toys for Christmas , he's not playing with them. He rather play with everything else. He tells me no, he crys a lot. He's so hard to handle. I can't even just relax with him and read him a book he won't let me without taking the book and hitting me with it! I have 4 siblings, and they can't even watch him for an hour without tells me to get him.

he purposely does bad stuff. He totally knows better but chooses not to make the right choice ! My job gets rather stressful. I'm a waitress at a club, and sometimes I do good, sometimes I don't! It's also hard seeing waitresses making 400-500 a night, and I'll I make is about 130-230$ a night considering how badly I can use that money for my son and I!

I haven't slept good! I been getting about 5-6 hours every night for the past 2 weeks. All I do I toss and turn, and think. I've been getting sick a lot. I got over a stomach virus, then I'll get a cold, or a sore throat. I get constant headaches.

I'm just depressed .
I'm sad. I was driving home last night , and I just started crying. I cry all the time. I feel stuck! I feel alone. I feel scared! I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm sorry for complaining . I know people have it worse maybe. But I really feel like sometimes I'm going to go crazy! I thought about dropping my son off at his dads for a while, and just running away!!!! Is that selfish of me?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• You are overwhelmed..it is understandable...but all these feelings you have are being transferred to this little boy, this is why he won't sit still, and hard to handle..they sense so much in us that we ourselves don't even realize.......dropping him off, will give something else to be anxious about, don't do it, it will not make you feel better in the long run. You need to take care of yourself, in order to take care of him and make it a pleasant thing...can you use some of that $ you make for a day care for a few hours a day or once a week at least maybe>???? you might be tight for $ but this $ will eventually make your life easier. Children are one of those things you can't return....you got to deal with your circumstances one at a time here, little steps mom...you will make it fine, most of us have been there and pulled through you can make it too......hugs

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• He wants YOU mama. Just your time. Give it to him. Interact with him. You'll see a change.
    Remember, you are all he has, too.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I agree with older. You are overwhelmed with a DS in his terrible twos. They can be hard to handle at that age but they don't do things on purpose to bug you. They are two and learning and exploring so their behavior is normal. You need to find a way to get a break from him. Its very important that you have some time to yourself to take care of you. A babysitter, day care, a friend, enroll him in a preschool/daycare 2 days a week. Good luck.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• He is 2 not 12!

Answer by louise2 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Is his dad in his life? As in visitation? Does he pay child support? I agree that a lot of what you are feeling is the stress of having a 2 y/o little boy. That can be quite a challenging age. I'd say that what time you do have to spend with him, that you find activities to do w/ him that wear his butt out! Then you can both get some much-needed rest. You also have to be consistent when dealing w/ his behaviors, but remember a time-out is 1 minute per year of age. So no more than a 2 min. time-out. Don't forget to reward him or praise him for being good too. That's so important. Just know you are not alone & that a lot of parents of toddlers have been overwhelmed from time to time. And just when you think you can't take another second, they go & do something sweet to remind you why being a mom is the most rewarding job in the world. Hang in there :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2013