Hardware for a bunkbed?

So, my daughter got a bunk bed for christmas. It was free from a friend, but it needs ALL the hardware to put it together.

What do we need?

He have to go to Home Depot anyway to get some new plywood for the base of each bunk.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 4:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You'll need to measure and count how many bolts/nuts/washers you will need. Without seeing the bed I'd say 8 or 16 of each depending on how it's put together. If it's one where you put the bolts in the end then you may just need 8 wood bolts about 3 inches long. You'll have to also measure for how long and wide each of the holes are. You can use plywood in place of a bunkie board if you want.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• It came with some reinforced plywood (slats nailed/glued to one side), but it looks like the whole set has either been in a garage or out in the weather for a bit. The plywood is moldy/rotten. Just trying to figure out what all we'd need to get. Guess we're going to have to lug a headboard there with us.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Does it have a brand name on it, I bet you could download the instructions, and they would tell you exactly what kind of stuff you need, LOL
    I would pay big money to see you lugging the headboard into Home Depot!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• No brand name that I can see.

Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• It looks pretty cool, I like it alot, maybe just write down the dimensions? You could make something really wonderful out of that!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• We have a cool bunk bed with drawers and a set of stairs on the side...very complicated. You might need some of those L shaped braces too...not sure what they're called. Ours has them to support the second bunk. Also count how many screws you need and get the big thick ones with washers. Hope this helps. I'm not very good at building things but I did help exdh take it apart and put it together when we moved.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• We like it too. It's solid, it can get heavy, and my daughter's bee begging for a bunk bed for a couple of years now. I'm not sure what wood it's made out of, but it gets pretty heavy pretty fast.

I did find online something to give us and idea about what we'll need. Just need to make sure we have the right diameters and lenghts.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2013