How much money should I give to my daughter for boarding school monthly

The school covers breakfast lunch and dinner so this money would be more so to do things with friends clothes etc the boarding school she is going to is called Le Rosey it is in Switzerland and just got accepted. I am thinking about giving her about 3000 monthly does this sound good is it not enough. She is 13 going to be 14 when she starts the school or what should I give

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• You asked this question multiple times, and were consistently given the same answer: Ask the school. Very likely a uniform is required and she may not get much opportunity to do things with friends or to spend that money at all because she's so busy studying and doing school activities. She might not be able to spend even a nickel a day.

ASK THE SCHOOL. No one here can help you with this one.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Sounds to me like this is just some fantasy of yours. If it were true, you'd know the school has suggestions for that already. I suggest your quit fantasizing and deal in reality
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I gave my dd $2000/week to study in Spain last summer. You are being way too stingy with your money.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Thanks anime mom you really think I should give her more ok I am down for that how much do you think I should give her. Would the 2000 a week be good like you did
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I am always one to ask the school for assistance. Some boarding schools are very strict on money and when and how to spend it. Others are not so strict and money is important to do as the other students are doing. The school's admission team should point you in the right direction. I am assuming by now you spoke to the Head of School. Sometimes the House parent should know the answer to this. I am not so certain I would give such a generous allowance if my concern was more on studying than shopping or outings. Unless this money went for extra activities like sports and clubs.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2014