Did you give your kids almost the same middle name?

I did.
It started off with me wanted to name our son after my dad and his middle name would be my dh's name.
Well my dh said no I want our son to be named after my name (he already has a son from a previous marriage I do not know why in the world they did not do this back then...anyhow) so we named our son after my dh and named him Daniel as his middle name.
Almost afew months later I did not plan to have anymore children bc I was considered high risk but The Lord blessed us with a girl so I just threw in Danielle as her middle name so they'd match so to speak...lol
Guess what? Come to find out my niece & nephew have the same middle name too...lol
But they are much older...what a coincidence...lol
Had to share...lol
Thx ladies for listening ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Baby Names

• My kids middle names are similar, but only because I liked the names. Christopher, and Christina. The doctor even asked me if there was a reason. Nope, just liked the names

Anonymous

• son- middle name is Ryan ( his dads name)
    daughter- middle name is Berlin (was originally going to be her first name but I decided when she was born to change it to her middle name)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• my middle name is Jean-the same as my mom, and my half sister has it too AND her moms first name is Jean (was my dad's first wife)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• No. The only thing my daughters' middle names have in common is that they are both Scottish - their first names are both French (I'm Scottish, he's French :) ).
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Not even close. Their middle names are Mateo and Alexander.

It was just coincidence and I didn't know til later when BIL got pissed that one of his dd's has the middle name Alexandra.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I have a boy and girl whose middle names are from their grandparents so no. That being said my father has 4 daughters with 4 different mothers and 3 of us have the same middle name of ANNE. He had no say in naming any of us.
    Anonymous

• No but I only have one kid. I do tend to like family names for middle names. My son's middle name is my husband's middle name but is also the name my husband goes by. If we had a girl she would have had my middle name, which is also my mother and grandmother's middle name and as well as a few cousins in the family.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I only have one child, but I already have my second child's names picked out and they are not similar to my DD's name at all.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• No but our old neighbors were both named Brook and their 3 kids all have Brook as their middle names.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 12:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• One of my friends has two sons & gave them both her surname as middle name. They have their dad's surname as their surname, and they share the same middle name (their mom's last name.) It has a certain elegance & I really like the idea of giving both boys mom's name as one of theirs, but it also limits you in your name choices (unless you double up & give two middle names.)

My children have individual, and not similar, middle names.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2013